Should I........?

HaychHaych Frets: 5628

After all my bleating about wanting a new amp to handle the dirtier side of my sound I've been offered a Boogie Lonestar Classic 212 in mint nick for less than a new Bassbreaker 45 212.

Admittedly a bit more than the JCA50H I was thinking of buying but a helluva lot more versatile maybe.

Good deal?  Snap it up or let it pass and wait for something else?

Only thing that puts me off is the JCA50H is what, £280 brand new, so not a lot to lose compared to the investment of even a used Boogie, even after you factor in the cost of a cab to go with it.  I could sell the Boogie on if I needed to but IME gear isn't really selling for "what it's worth" and if it does it take an age to shift.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    They're awesome amps but incredibly heavy and loud.
    Ive always fancied on so let me know if you pass.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • Agreed. The tones available are superb. Big lump though.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5628

Well I've had a think and have decided not to go for it.  It was a knee jerk reaction really and if I bought it I would be buying it simply because it was there and at a good price, not because I actually wanted one.

I'm sure it's a cracking amp and I'm sure I'd use it but I'm equally sure I won't miss not having it and that I can put my £900 notes to better use.

If anyone else is interested it's on one of the Facebook groups, either the UK Guitar/Amp/Gear exchange page or the South Wales Guitar/Amp/Gear exchange page.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.