Boost volume drop

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
Why is it that when I use my SHO clone and then switch from my clean to dirty channel on my amp I seem to lose volume on the gain channel?

Will it be better in the loop and will a regular gain pedal do the same? I do have a fairly clean tone and quite a bit jump in volume for my gain channel with a lot of gain I might add. 

I presume it's a lack headroom? @ICBM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    It's a mystery I guess. 
  • simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
    edited February 2017
    Sounds it to me, if the dirty channel is already compressing a fair bit, adding more gain will compress futher whereas the clean channel isnt compressing so has more headroom if that makes sense? Itll be something along those lines dude
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72204
    Basically that. Too much boost in front of an already heavily overdriven sound will just squash it more and can make it seem quieter. Boost in the loop will work better.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Cheers dudes!