Carpe Diem owners chitchat

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
edited February 2017 in FX
So, I know a few of us went for one of these, wondering how you're all getting on?

I ask as I was playing with mine for a while yesterday while investigating my new Keeley Super Mod. 

Guitar -> Carpe Diem -> Keeley -> Matamp Little Rock (set clean) 

The CD was SO distracting - just such a fun sound. I always struggle to find the right words to describe it but it's just such an exciting sound - very ear-catching - possibly 'harmonically rich' if that's how people describe it.

Do you use the boost function? I've found myself using it on regular mode with the boost on and controlling from the guitar volume - anyone using the boost as a boost? 
Red ones are better. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I dont find myself using the boost unless i need that infinite sustain gary moore thing on a les paul for instance.

I use a klone to boost the front of the pedal in classic mode, treble gain at full and bass gain at half way, its just such a great full, dynamic sound where theres enough gain for classic/hard rock but still loads of definition for all the notes - love it.
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have no idea why they called the boost side "lead" though, it doesnt bump the volume whatsoever 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • I sort of regret selling mine, except that the layout was incredibly impractical for live use. Also its really not too far off an OCD or Marvel Drive IMO; more practical pedals size wise. I did really enjoy the sound though.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    I have no idea why they called the boost side "lead" though, it doesnt bump the volume whatsoever 
    It does a bit for me - but not a 'hey here comes the solo' boost no 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    I sort of regret selling mine, except that the layout was incredibly impractical for live use. Also its really not too far off an OCD or Marvel Drive IMO; more practical pedals size wise. I did really enjoy the sound though.
    Not tried either of those pedals - interesting.

kind of peg the sound as 'more guv'nor than guv'nor' :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Just tried one of these. Amazing pedal. Very addictive. No discernible influence from the boost button when in hot rod mode, though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    do you not find it a bit dark? I can't seem to get any top end in mine?
    edited February 2017
    @cabicular - not even with the presence control up? Into what amp? It plays very nicely with my brunetti pleximan. Plenty of top end if you want it
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    In any amp 
    im starting to wonder if it's faulty
    with the presence dimed it's almost there but very noisy
    ill post vids when I get back from a Newcastle
    That sounds like a fault to me. No shortage of treble on mine and not noisy.