Fuzz Face?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    The issue I have had, is what sounds good at home, gets lost in a band situation, finding a fuzz with enough mids is really hard to find. Playing a LP & Strat in to a Cornford (Marshall-esque) which poses problems in itself, what sounds good with a Strat sounds naff with a LP and vice versa 

And here we have good reason to own as many dirties as possible.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
    mike_l said:
    The issue I have had, is what sounds good at home, gets lost in a band situation, finding a fuzz with enough mids is really hard to find. Playing a LP & Strat in to a Cornford (Marshall-esque) which poses problems in itself, what sounds good with a Strat sounds naff with a LP and vice versa 

And here we have good reason to own as many dirties as possible.........
    And guitars..... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wisdom awarded to both parties!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    You just gotta be louder!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lol I feel only it were that easy @bbill335 ;
  • I'm finally settled with a Band of Gypsys mini fuzz face after trying several fuzz face variants over the years.
    bbill335 said:

@simonbeckwith practises at volumes Slayer can only dream of getting to.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:
    bbill335 said:

This is so true. Im so glad we have ear protection! 50w 2x12 combo on 5 is bloody loud!!! Nice that i dont hbe to compete with a second guitarist now
  • I'm finally settled with a Band of Gypsys mini fuzz face after trying several fuzz face variants over the years.
    A lot of people have settled with one of these, perhaps i should check one out!
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
    I'm finally settled with a Band of Gypsys mini fuzz face after trying several fuzz face variants over the years.
    A lot of people have settled with one of these, perhaps i should check one out!
    Yep, they are quality little pedals. Some folk say that they aren't really a fuzz face. But some people think that George Clooney has more sex appeal than me.

goes to show just how wrong people can be.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    mike_l said:
    bbill335 said:

This is so true. Im so glad we have ear protection! 50w 2x12 combo on 5 is bloody loud!!! Nice that i dont hbe to compete with a second guitarist now
    There's always one louder!

I actually think this kind of fuzz needs a less cluttered mix (ie no other guitar or keys)
    I've been playing with (ooer missus) the Way Huge Havalina I got from Mr @simonbeckwith a couple of weeks ago.

Just my Ibanez, Marshall (set clean),the Havalina and a Axle Grease analogue delay. Fuck me backwards it's good. And highly likely to be used at this Friday's jam. 

Clean and clear enough to sound good for nearly every situation I can think of (bar all out metal), but with a single and a bit of delay after, right into Hendrix territory.

• @mike_l i know! I may well go there again!!