Travis Bean

BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
Has anyone got/had/played a TB Bass?

What are they like?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Didn't plug it in but I did briefly play an old Travis Bean that currently belongs to athe Twighlight Sad and is formerly from the Mogwai camp. 
    Bass was really really heavy and those big horns/cutaways are unusual to get around (the easiest comparison is playing so,thing like a Rickenbacker 330 where it just feel broader than it should). I have played over stuff with aluminium necks such as kramers and they never fair to feel odd. Just cold and still. Again, just usual. It was however a very playable neck and felt nice and rounded and slimmer than I expected. 
    If you're into certain bands and just dying to get that sound then nothing else will do. From my experience (very very limited) there is definitely stuff I would enjoy playing more as interesting a thing as they are.
    hope this helps in some way!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I remember trying one when they came out, but I was never inclined to buy one.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Didn't plug it in but I did briefly play an old Travis Bean that currently belongs to athe Twighlight Sad and is formerly from the Mogwai camp. 
    Bass was really really heavy and those big horns/cutaways are unusual to get around (the easiest comparison is playing so,thing like a Rickenbacker 330 where it just feel broader than it should). I have played over stuff with aluminium necks such as kramers and they never fair to feel odd. Just cold and still. Again, just usual. It was however a very playable neck and felt nice and rounded and slimmer than I expected. 
    If you're into certain bands and just dying to get that sound then nothing else will do. From my experience (very very limited) there is definitely stuff I would enjoy playing more as interesting a thing as they are.
    hope this helps in some way!
    Drooled over that bass several times - love the Sad
    Stop crying, start buying