Two notes wall of sound - wow!

ive just downloaded the evaluation copy of two notes wall of sound and all I can is wow, massive step up from amplitube ... definitely will be purchasing some cabs.. anyone compared it to the hardware version ? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Interesting, have been looking at this as an option when I get my reactive load. Was wondering if there are any advantages to using this over just loading cab irs into my convolution reverb.
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 185
    Hmm well the two notes interface is very clean and easy to use .. plus you can adjust the placement in realtime ... I was using IRs into space designer and found it a bit of a faff ... you can download as a demo which comes with two cabs then buy a cab to keep it without limitation .. I got the mesa c90 and it's very very good 

that sounds like a sales pitch , I do not work for two notes :-)
  • mrleon83 said:
    Hmm well the two notes interface is very clean and easy to use .. plus you can adjust the placement in realtime ... I was using IRs into space designer and found it a bit of a faff ... you can download as a demo which comes with two cabs then buy a cab to keep it without limitation .. I got the mesa c90 and it's very very good 

that sounds like a sales pitch , I do not work for two notes :-)
    Yep. WoS is the best cab sim software I've come across, and as far as I can tell it's basically identical to the Torpedo Live's implementation. Get a reactive load, and you're golden.
    <space for hire>
    Here's a tracking recorded this weekend using wall of sound for all the distorted guitars, I'm going to film an ab test using my boogie soon... 

• fnptfnpt Frets: 735
    edited February 2017
    I've downloaded it too to use with my eleven rack and garage band and agree that it has a great potential to sound great. The problem is I cannot mute the direct signal from the eleven rack during playing and recording and so get both the processed sound of the WoS and the sound from the 11r. Only when playing back the recording do I get only the processed sound.

I think I will bite the bullet and get a monthly subscription to Pro Tools which seems to be the only DAW which will allow the use of cab impulses with the 11r.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • I need to remember to try this out.  It's been on the to-do list for ages.
  • Don't forget, WoS doesn't just do cab emulation. It has power amp modelling (6 different output sections, I believe), a low-cut, a fairly decent parametric EQ and an exciter too.

I'd advise everyone to check out the Buddha 2x12" cab in their store; it's my current favourite.
    <space for hire>
    Don't forget, WoS doesn't just do cab emulation. It has power amp modelling (6 different output sections, I believe), a low-cut, a fairly decent parametric EQ and an exciter too.

I'd advise everyone to check out the Buddha 2x12" cab in their store; it's my current favourite.
    Oh I'll have to check that out , I went with the c90 boogie as that's the closest to my amp... just seen they have an epic sale so I think I might expand my collection
  • Right I gave it a quick go.  I'll be honest it doesn't replace Space Designer for me because it can't load a 500ms IR and pass Logic's low latency mode on my setup.

The included cabs sound fine to me but I've already got a big collection of IRs and already own Recabinet if I want to blend 2 IRs (after tracking), and Cab Lab (which can blend 8x Ultra Res files).

It works fine with their stock cabs at low latency mode so I guess if that's what you're using then it's a great plugin with a lot of options in one window.  For me it's still Space Designer for tracking, and sometimes Recabinet afterwards.

Recabinet is very easy to use and easy to browse.   On the second page there's a speaker dynamics parameter too, I don't use it but it's a nice option to have.  It's $9.99 currently (with no IRs, they're sold separately on the Karzog website or you use your own)

http://kazrog.com/products/recabinet/

• There's even more to it than that.  WOS has an ever expanding range of cab sims, all the features @digitalscream mentioned, plus a tonne of mic options (condensers, dynamics and ribbons), and you can layer the tracks up; effectively you could have 100 different mics and cabs in stereo layers.

You can also get customer uploaded IRs from their online store.  They're not as editable but some are amazing.  

And when all of this is coupled with the Reload or any of the Torpedo range, it's amazing!  I've not used anything else since getting the Reload; it's the one bit of kit I've never been tempted to sell.