Best power supply - and a problem powering one pedal!

I seek your collective wisdom on how to power up my effects pedals.

I have four of these new-fangled mini effects - a Mooer Green mile and mini Mooer clones ..... a flanger, a chorus and a looper.  I have put them all on a Mooer Firefly M5 board. These are cute boards, custom-made for the shapes.  The board has power daisy chain cables - but NOT an actual power supply plug.  I have one for another plug, but is that only designed to run one unit?  Should I be using a heavier duty one for 4 or 5 pedals?  If so, can anyone recommend one?

The other issue is that I have a Sampson wireless receiver on the board too - but - although it looks normal, that doesn't appear to power up when using the daisy chain?  Does it have a different style of power socket?  Is there an adapter.

Any advice you have would be welcome.

Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So firstly; the important things to note on power supplies are:

Output voltage (9/12/18v or possibly others)
    Whether it is AC or DC output
    Max output current (in mA or A)

Your mini pedals will almost certainly want a 9v DC input, and they will each consume a chunk of the max output current depending on the effect. Most analogue gain pedals use a very low mA current, digital pedals often use loads (e.g. Double Muff - 10mA. Line 6 M5 - 500mA!).

Your power supply that you already own should, in theory, cope with a handful of mini pedals as long as it has at least 300mA on tap (this should be printed somewhere on the plug).

The Samson wireless system may need a different power supply altogether; it might need more than 9v, loads of current, and may even need AC instead of DC. Again, this should be printed either on the wireless unit, in the manual, or alternatively look at the spec of the official power supply for that item.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom