Bax Music no stock

KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1270
edited February 2017 in Amps
Great deal on Kemper powerhead and remote bundle from Bax Music, approx £300 less than everywhere else and one catch - back in stock in 9 weeks. Had this price confirmed by their pricing manager but still can't make myself to pull a trigger, something tells me this is too good to be real?
Any bad experience with them folks? Did you buy something that wasn't in stock and had it delivered in a promised time frame? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    edited February 2017
    KrisGee said:
    Great deal on Kemper powerhead and remote bundle from Bax Music, approx £300 less than everywhere else and one catch - back in stock in 9 weeks. Had this price confirmed by their pricing manager but still can't make myself to pull a trigger, something tells me this is too good to be real?
    Any bad experience with them folks? Did you buy something that wasn't in stock and had it delivered in a promised time frame? 

This often happens when a manufacturer has a price increase you find that out-of-stock items are advertised at the old price, although I can't of course know whether this is the case in this instance.

BAX shop are essentially box shifters who are (very) aggressively trying to expand into the online market. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    I hope they're OK - just bought 10 sets of D'Addarios from them today! 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Bax are fine - our bass player got his Bassman head from them
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    They're fine!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6055
    I had a very positive experience with them. Got a Maxon AD 999Pro from them, when it arrived I found it too dark for my taste. Asked to return it and they were super fast in their response and refunded my payment within days. I was extremely impressed.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1270
    edited February 2017
     Did you buy something that wasn't in stock and had it delivered in a promised time frame? 

This is my main concern here. And a very competitive price as well. Don't mind waiting 9 weeks as long as the deal's real hence why I'd be interested if somebody on here purchased gear that was temporarily out of stock and didn't have to ask for refund few weeks/months later because item never arrived.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    i bought a £300 (ish) set of headphones that were a lot cheaper in Bax, were out of stock but they kept me updated and all went smoothly. think it was a couple of days after they said they would be delivered, but I was notified of that. would buy from them again 100%
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1270
    How long in total did you have to wait @markblack?
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    from order to delivery around 2 weeks.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    It's pretty common to discount stuff that's out of stock, they are much better off getting your order because it's cheap than you ordering somewhere else, did that with an amp from Thomann once, no problems at all