What do you use your BB preamp for?

What's Hot
DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
Just recently got one of these, been using it with my Hotrod Deluxe and its not as high gain as I expected. However, its also incredibly loud and seems to do a pretty good boost with just a bit of gGain. Is that what people mainly use theirs for?

On my board I've got the thorpyfx peacekeeper, gunshot, muffroom cloud and warthog; which seems excessive.
At the minute the BB seems most similar to the peacekeeper when I was expecting to be comparing it to the Gunshot. My original plan was to have the peacekeeper and BB on the board but I'm unsure now.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    Tried it against the thorpy pedals in a range of settings and it doesn't really do anything new or better, so it's on ebay.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I find the BB to be the most versatile overdrive I've came across. It goes through phases being used as boost or a crunch. Im sure theThorpy pedals are great also but I think the BB is a real classic 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited February 2017
    The BB Plus is a real stinker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The slight compression on the BB is very pleasing on a Strat neck pickup.
    I'm just using it with a HRD. Is it better with a Marshall type amp?
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Using my bb as a boost to tighten my Marshall up for teh bro0otalz. Treble and volume at 12 o'clock, gain at 9 o'clock and bass at 10 o'clock. Doesn't cut the bass like a  toobscreamer yet still tightens things up, has a nice lower-mid thump.
  • DefaultM said:
    I'm just using it with a HRD. Is it better with a Marshall type amp?
    Works with both, with a fender amp it sounds a bit like a souped up tubescreamer and with a el34 type amp it gets quite claptony
    This is pretty much why I prefer the axe fx. I'm so used to having a really saturated sound at a low volume level that when I plug in to my amp and pedals at the same volume I'm always taken back that I can't get a smooth sound.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    I used to use my BB MB version as an instant silky-lead-sound - but that version probably had more mids

As someone else above says, avoid the BB+ version like the plague, it is terrible, and the BB circuit is on NEITHER side of the pedal 
    Red ones are better.