NPD - 4114 Shimmer content

What's Hot
kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
edited February 2017 in FX
This one:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/89683/npd-1590a-shimmer-and-reverb-anyone/p1

Its harder to find good shimmer than it should be. Strymon is good but pricey and big and most others I've found sound too artificial and sit on top of the sound too much. 

This is not only only small footprint but the shimmer is excellent (not tried the other reverbs yet) and the tone control is really useful to get in sitting nicely 'in' your sound rather than on top of it. 

Great job @4114Effects ;;
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Thanks! Really glad it does the trick for you. Anybody else want one? Few boards left ;-) 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    It's a cracking pedal. Really addictive. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    @4114effects any more details about the pedal? For example - other modes, price etc... Shimmer sounds great!
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader
    ewal said:
    @4114effects any more details about the pedal? For example - other modes, price etc... Shimmer sounds great!
    It has three modes: shimmer, room reverb and hall reverb (which can get real big and ambient.) I haven't included the extra modes from the prototype as I felt the reverbs were better when given a larger chunk of the chips memory for processing them. :-)

First few will be £125 then I'll probably revise pricing. 
  • What were the other modes ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

tFB Trader
    What were the other modes ?
    I never finalised that, there were a few I was toying with though - chorus, trem, delay, reverb plus delay (although the limited available memory only gave you 300ms ish of delay so that wasn't my favourite. )

I settled on the three reverbs as I found it made the knob layout and labelling make more sense, and it just seemed more useful to me. Plus it seemed more marketable as a very good small footprint reverb and shimmer rather than a jack of all trades. 
  • Ooohh some of them sound cool as though

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I never finalised that, there were a few I was toying with though - chorus, trem, delay, reverb plus delay (although the limited available memory only gave you 300ms ish of delay so that wasn't my favourite. )

I settled on the three reverbs as I found it made the knob layout and labelling make more sense, and it just seemed more useful to me. Plus it seemed more marketable as a very good small footprint reverb and shimmer rather than a jack of all trades. 
    Definitely this. The sounds on it are very good. I tried a lot of shimmer pedals and this is one of if not the best in terms of basic sound. 
    tFB Trader
    kjdowd said:

Definitely this. The sounds on it are very good. I tried a lot of shimmer pedals and this is one of if not the best in terms of basic sound. 
    Aw shucks :-) 

its ace on acoustic too. That's what I use it with mostly. 
    kjdowd said:

Aw shucks :-) 

its ace on acoustic too. That's what I use it with mostly. 
    Interestingly enough, that's my plan. I have a home/acoustic board that is mainly aimed at acoustic but has a couple of drive pedals on and this is where it now resides.
  • Thanks! Really glad it does the trick for you. Anybody else want one? Few boards left ;-) 
    I'd be interested - any left, and how much?
    tFB Trader
    Dave W said:
    Thanks! Really glad it does the trick for you. Anybody else want one? Few boards left ;-) 
    I'd be interested - any left, and how much?
    Should have shot five boards left. Pedals will be £125 for the first few. 

Only caveat is is I won't be building for a couple of weeks at least, been laid up with a broken ankle so a lot of catching up to do! 
    tFB Trader
    Maybe @kjdowd could sort one out if he has time at all? Kinda difficult for me to get around at the moment :-)
    tFB Trader
    @marktheharp actually there's a quick video in the original thread linked in the first post above -)
    Busy few days coming up but will try and sort something this week
  • OK, count me in - how do I order?
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Dan,missed that,doh!. Sounds ace .
  • Would you be able to do a stereo in/out version?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    redwedge said:
    Would you be able to do a stereo in/out version?
    In a larger footprint pedal yeah. Not in 1590a format :-)