Looking for a new workshop, north london (ish)

What's Hot
Hey guys, I thought I would put my feelers out, as business has grown a little, I'm finding more and more that I am running out of space and, frankly, my existing work space is just no longer fit for purpose. 

Being in a flat in London, I cant bring my build in-house, so I rent a garage in Barnet that I have converted with several benches, wood storage and some larger  tools. Sadly this is now a tiny bit too small for me and although I could still manage, there are other problems as well, such as damp (I can't keep veneers very long at all), no toilet facilities, hell, even a place to fill a kettle would be luxury!

I've seen a few units that would probably be okay, but I would quite like to be in a place that would be possibly with other like-minded creators, if not other guitar builders.

So I guess the questions are;
 - Is there anyone out there with spare space (probably about 12m squared or a little more would do in there workshop, or that they know of nearby? Preferably around north London area (although I am happy to travel out of the city, beds/herts way, etc).
 - How did you lovely other builders find your external workshops (if you did)? Do you have any advise, things to look out for?

I'm not planning on putting in any CNC type machines at the moment, but I would just like a little more room and some basic facilities. Everything I do is solid body and hand carved, like the guitar below.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments