Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best Pedalboard....? As in...the board you put pedals on

What's Hot
Searched for this and couldn't actually believe no one had asked this before.

So I have a Pedaltrain PT-1; one of the originals. It's fine I guess, but the gaps between the rungs are too big.

Salvage boards look lovely but I bet they weigh a tonne and cost about the same.

Temple Audio boards look really interesting; I like the modular side bits you can add. I'm not sure about the way you attach pedals though; obviously thats optional. I've seen some folk attach pedals with cable ties to those boards.

So school me - what's the best? I like innovative design. I want it to be light and neat; to get out of my way. And not cost a total bomb. Pedaltrain 1 size is fine for me; any more is overkill and just feeds an expensive habit!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited February 2017
    Didn't like temple. Too many extras to buy. I now have a wawrick rockboard. Like pedal train but cheaper as it comes with hardcase.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    When I conceived the Smorg, it was because I also found the rungs on a PT too narrow but still wanted a Alu board with power underneath. I stopped making them regularly and make them just now and again, my website isn't taking orders directly but is still active to get an idea. 

http://www.smorgpedalboards.co.uk/

• I like my Emma Amarhyll.  But it wasn't particularly cheap.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    Templeboard for me but as above  can end up spendy....
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Salvage boards you can customise size to suit your pedals so you can have it to the mm.  Very tidy board as a result:

pros

Custom size
    custom colour
    custom hardware - jacks, loop etc
    looks great
    good build quality (bearing in mind it is wood)

con

heavy
    not suitable for touring...compare to say PT made of metal 
    expensive.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    edited February 2017
    I have a Warwick Rockboard Club Palmer Pedalbay 40 - it's brilliant, because the middle two rungs are adjustable. Cheap with a soft case, too...around £60 as I recall.
    <space for hire>
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30906
    Schmidt Array. They're amazeballs

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    Schmidt Array. They're amazeballs
    Amazeballs but also bankruptcyballs 

Beautiful design though
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Free The Tone Forvis. It's flat, very lightweight and the soft case is really good.
    Quite expensive (£300) and had to import it from Japan but it's an excellent board.
  • @tone1 - I'm pretty embarrassed now. I've had 3 Smorg boards, and they've been absolutely excellent. In fact, the only reason I have a Warwick now is that I was in a hurry and he had a backlog.
    <space for hire>
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    I was sorely tempted to buy Waz's Salvage pedalboard a while back. It looked ace :)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    The Ikea Gorm board comes in great colours different sizes heights and widths.

Power supply fits underneath a treat and it has tone for days.......
  • You could look at the Palmer Pedalbay ones as you can adjust the rails.
    The Diago ones seem to have fallen out of favour on here, flat suitcase type ones. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The Salvage Custom are quite simply amazing; lovely to own, but really best for home use. Too heavy to gig with Id imagine.

Mine finally arrived just as Id discovered the FX8, when I sold a huge amount of pedals !!

They are lovely though.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Salvage Custom/DSC_3067.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Salvage Custom/DSC_3071.jpg
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I just bought a Pedal deck from Sounds Great. Done two gigs with so far and it's been great.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited February 2017
    @EricTheWeary I went back to a Diago Gigman. The case is rock solid and (other than the compressor, which is an "always on") I like to have my pedals in one line rather than reaching over to other rows.
  • You could look at the Palmer Pedalbay ones as you can adjust the rails.
    The Diago ones seem to have fallen out of favour on here, flat suitcase type ones. 
    I'm even more embarrassed now. It's the Palmer Pedalbay 40 that I have...I meant to get the Warwick one, but they were out of stock and I ended up with a Palmer.

Jeez, I should just stop...
    <space for hire>
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Custom Pedal Boards. Chris can build one to your spec, with or without a flightcase and top quality. The best IMHO ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Diago Gigman at the moment; it's my third Diago I've owned (gigman, up to showman, down to gigman again). They are heavy and flat (I use risers for the back row) but are utterly bombproof and cost next to nothing on ebay.

Between those, I also bought a secondary Gator pedalboard, the small angled wood one with soft case, and that is also pretty decent. It was cheap and small (good for a bass board) and the case hasn't ever given out.