Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Andertons service...

What's Hot

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Voxman said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Sassafras said:
    After you'd perved over Guildford's women, what did you do for the remaining 38 minutes?
    Sat in specsavers of course! 
    No, he THOUGHT it was specsavers but it was actually the shoe shop next door! :3
    I did wonder why they offered me laces.. but I thought, why knot?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    skunkwerx said:
    Voxman said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Sassafras said:
    After you'd perved over Guildford's women, what did you do for the remaining 38 minutes?
    Sat in specsavers of course! 
    No, he THOUGHT it was specsavers but it was actually the shoe shop next door! :3
    I did wonder why they offered me laces.. but I thought, why knot?
    C'mon Bro(gue) - you must remember to tread lightly and put more sole into your posts.  Also, not everyone here is well heeled enough to buy new gear from Andertons as some of us are on our uppers! D 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    skunkwerx said:
    Recently (Jan), <EDIT>

so I went and perved over Guildfords women and found a mcdonalds.

That was a mistake, as the women you find near Macdonalds are thus in North Street (near the Bus Station) and are all slags and slappers, whereas just a few yards parallel is the High Street where they are all a better class of slag and multitude Cougars...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    cbellanga said:
    this post makes me go and check if there's anything I "need" to buy at andertons' website
    Is that a euphemism for perving?
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Yeah, but seriously. The videos....

That's great service. Rare these days...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    They've always been great to me. They could do with some smaller packing materials in their warehouse though, check out this box they sent me with two unboxed used pedals in it 
    https://i.imgur.com/ULV2Os0.jpg
    Happened to me .. got home and an angry wife says .. "You've bought another amp ... " glare on her face .. "No just a pedal" and low and behold big box, lots of packing and a pedal.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    skunkwerx said:
    Recently (Jan), part ex'd an old guitar of mine with Andertons, and paid a little extra for a used Chapman ml-2. Had been wanting to give them a go, and seeing as the guitar I traded was the least played and lowest end of my line up, I decided it could go.. with the intention of buying its bigger brother model in the future to replace it with.. beause I really cant let stuff go... 

ANYWAY.. I digress. 

So earlier in the week I decided I liked the chapman ml-2, but kinda didnt want it in black. Its my most least favourite of colours.. even though the flame top was lovely.. also as it was used it was a bit minging and needed a serious set up and a new tone knob (it worked but was a little looser in torque than the volumes, and crackled a bit). I'm sure andertons would have remedied this for me.. but you know what Gas is like dont you?

Here started the gas... I thought I could trade the chapman back in, and instead of spending money on a new tone knob and set up, I could spend it on a brand new chapman ml2.. which obviously would be new out the box, have a years warranty and a free gig bag, and also if I was going to drive 120 miles there and back to have them change the pot.. all the justifications y'kno.. 

Anyway I had a cheeky idea, so I emailed Andertons Tuesday evening, expecting a 'fuck off mate' reply.. 

I explained to them when I part ex'd, + paid some extra to get the used Ml2, (4 weeks ago), and how I liked it but really fancied buying a new one now in a different colour, and asking really nicely if they would allow me to exchange it and pay the difference off a new one. 

Trade in + cash I paid worked out to £300, so I was willing to pay the extra £140 for the new one if they'd exchange for what I paid. 

Lo and behold, a reply the very next morning. 'Of course you can' he said. 

Would exchange it straight up. I was expecting them to say either it would have to be traded in again, or they would knock some money off because I'd used it for 4 weeks or how about just no because unless its faulty, as I'm well aware retailers have no obligation to exchange or refund seeing as I bought it in store. 

The fella explained that you have 30 days for an exchange, so long as you got your reciept and the item is as it was sold (so no damage or what not). 

Excellent stuff. So off I commuted. Even got a front of store parking space mwahahah. Forgot to ask if any of the 6 I saw on the website were actually in store though.. silly me. 

Turned out only the display model was in store, but the fella happily said If i wanted to wait 40 minutes or poodle off into town, he would send someone to the warehouse to get me a new boxed one. 

Great stuff, so I went and perved over Guildfords women and found a mcdonalds. Far too dangerous hanging around the store after payday... 

Came back and they had brought 2 for me to choose from. Thats cool. Asked if I wanted to jam with it in the booth etc. 
    Swapped it over for me no problems, and before I paid the difference I put a pack of d'addarios on the counter n said I'll take these as well, but the guy said 'oh i'll chuck those in for ya'. Sweet. Didnt even have to ask! 

I left and drove home. Eating beef jerky and cruising the m25 feeling like a winner, only to Realise this was one of their guitars advertised to come with a free accessory pack worth £40.. oops. We all forgot this. 

Not fussed though and I was already 30 miles away, I presume it would be basic guitar accessories which I really didnt want nor need.. 
    However... 

Kinda want freebies! 
    So (its now Friday) a quick email to the same fella I spoke to the day before and explained I really wasnt too fussed but if they could sort me something out that would be epic. 

He emailed back a lovely reply, asked where he could send me one to save me driving back. 

Today (Sat) I got a dpd text saying it will be delivered Monday. 

So I felt like sharing a fantastic experience both by instore staff, and by the email/customer service fella. 

Awesome
    Red ones are better. 
  • I think they're great as well. I ordered a Les Paul Standard and just missed this price drop by about a week or so. They refunded and resold me the guitar (all without going back to the store) and simply emailed me a £431 gift card - phenomenal service. (and if you're wondering where that cash went, I bought a discounted, last of the year PRS SE - happy days!)

Oh, and I got the loyalty points on both, which IIRC set me up with strings/picks for ages.
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I once bought some speakers from them and they failed about 2 months out of warranty and they refunded them for me, which not many places would do.  
  • I got a good deal on a JVM from Andertons a couple of years ago but in my experience the prices they offer on part ex / trade in take the pi55 big time. Have had much more joy on that score with GAK. Still dig the Andertons vids though.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I got a good deal on a JVM from Andertons a couple of years ago but in my experience the prices they offer on part ex / trade in take the pi55 big time. Have had much more joy on that score with GAK. Still dig the Andertons vids though.
    GAK would be great if they actually had the stock that they said they did...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I got a good deal on a JVM from Andertons a couple of years ago but in my experience the prices they offer on part ex / trade in take the pi55 big time. Have had much more joy on that score with GAK. Still dig the Andertons vids though.
    I've never had that problem at GAK. When I wanted the slanted 2x12 Jubilee cab they were the only UK retailer carrying it.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I got a good deal on a JVM from Andertons a couple of years ago but in my experience the prices they offer on part ex / trade in take the pi55 big time. Have had much more joy on that score with GAK. Still dig the Andertons vids though.
    I've never had that problem at GAK. When I wanted the slanted 2x12 Jubilee cab they were the only UK retailer carrying it.
    The number of times I've ordered in stock items only to get the 'back ordered' email...
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Andertons have been brilliant with me too. I had two pairs of Shure IEMs fail well into warranty and they collected them sorted out the Shure end and sent me brand new replacements.
  • SickSquidSickSquid Frets: 152
    edited February 2017
    You were well looked after
    My experience was slightly different...
    £3k spent on a new Les Paul
    It was discounted, but then it was not a popular version that had been there a long time and it had marks on the hanging points from the metal band of the security tag (no big deal to me)
    How about a few sets of strings?
    No can do
    We all enjoy a good deal, and the thrown-in items
    Okay, I'll pay with my debit card instead of the credit card, and with a bit of the money saved in fees I can have a few sets of strings to get this baby singing
    The reply was there is no difference in fees
    Well that's not correct, but I'm not going to argue. Just ask the manager and it will be easy enough to throw a couple of sets of Ernie Balls my way
    Nope, said the manager
    I wanted the guitar, so I spent the money and off I went, never to return

Oh, and that loyalty scheme is a 1% discount, which strangely didn't buy my loyalty, although it would buy a few sets of strings
    Better to get an up-front discount on your purchase than have to cash it in on something else

Oddly, I don't find the videos very amusing 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

SickSquid said:
    £3k spent on a new Les Paul
    It was discounted, but then it was not a popular version that had been there a long time and it had marks on the hanging points from the metal band of the security tag
    @SickSquid
    Wow. That is incredible stupidity. As is not chucking you in a couple of sets of strings, fercryinoutloud. :astonished:
    skunkwerx said:
    poodle off into town

Today's Spot The Difference:

http://ecastaing.free.fr/hard_rock_cafe/images/guitares/paris/paris_euro_dog_guitar_2005.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/442050076949499904/0zle-c-7_400x400.jpeg

They've always been great to me. They could do with some smaller packing materials in their warehouse though, check out this box they sent me with two unboxed used pedals in it 
    https://i.imgur.com/ULV2Os0.jpg

That's nothing. I take it you've never ordered a single plectrum from Thomann?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Tt51XmBmoIc/hqdefault.jpg

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Just as a little counter, I called them with a query over what I think is an overly noisy new digital delay pedal on Saturday.  They were of course busy but promised that someone would call me back.

It's now Tuesday morning...........  I gave them a day or so but to say you will definitely call then don't isn't great.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Richardj said:
    Just as a little counter, I called them with a query over what I think is an overly noisy new digital delay pedal on Saturday.  They were of course busy but promised that someone would call me back.

It's now Tuesday morning...........  I gave them a day or so but to say you will definitely call then don't isn't great.
    Sure it's not your noisy modern strat groaning under the weight of its better wood ?  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    Richardj said:

Well it is a delay pedal you're enquiring over.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom