AMT Pedals? "Legend Amps"

HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
I have been looking at the Kingsley Squire for a vox preamp style boost but saw this I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these pedals http://amtelectronics.com/new/amt-v1.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't have experience of that, but I do use the AMT SS-11a and it's truly excellent. I also use the mini volume and expression pedals from AMT and they too are superb. So whilst not directly relevant, I thought it was worth commenting on their overall quality.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I've got the F1 Fender style preamp and it's easily the most useful pedal I own.
    Stick it through any amp and you've got a nice clean Twin sound and the EQ is very effective. I'd expect the V1 to have a bit more gain similar to an AC30.
    I rate the AMT stuff higher than Sansamp.
    It's also got loads of useful extra features.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24237
    I've got a couple of the Legend 2 pedals.

Fantastic things. Bergs has done a vid for each model on YouTube.
  • I've got a couple of the Legend 2 pedals.

Fantastic things. Bergs has done a vid for each model on YouTube.
    Are you still finding them useful since you got the Helix? 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Still got my R1 rectifier pedal, doesn't get a lot of use now but still sounds great
  • I've had the AMT C2, which - as a distortion pedal - is second only to the Bogner Ecstasy Red in my view.

I now have the AMT F1 (similar in design to the V1) as the preamp on my straight-to-power-amp board, and it's marvellous:

I'd choose the AMT pedals over any other preamp-type pedals any day of the week. The only weakness they have (compared with, for example, the new Mooer preamps) is the cab emulation. It's OK in a "get you out of the shit" way, but not something I'd have as my first-choice for a direct-to-PA signal.
    <space for hire>