Coda Music Website

What's Hot
DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
We've just switched servers and the website is a bit up and down, we still exist despite the temporary lack of website...angry things are ongoing..please bear with us..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Disappointed Doug...l sat here with my credit card ready n waiting !!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I try to avoid your website because it makes my bank account seriously worried :lol:
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Disappointed Doug...l sat here with my credit card ready n waiting !!

More to the point, I'm sat with Waz's credit card ready........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Damn. Now I want to go there .... I was quite happy not thinking about Coda.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I've cloned Mike and Warren's cards and i'm ready !
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Alnico said:
    I've cloned Mike and Warren's cards and i'm ready !
    ;)

I'm safe, mine's a clone in the first place.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:
    Disappointed Doug...l sat here with my credit card ready n waiting !!

More to the point, I'm sat with Waz's credit card ready........
    You are very welcome mate :)

Big LOL awarded.
  • axisus said:
    Damn. Now I want to go there .... I was quite happy not thinking about Coda.

Can't you see, this is obviously a publicity stunt. Very sneaky. 
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    We switched servers from one and one to Smarthost a couple of weeks back and the problem is with Smarthost, apparently this has happened to a lot of websites on this server, I've just been reading their Trustpilot reviews and something has gone badly wrong in the past few days. The shops are open and the site should be back running later today. In the meantime the phones work (01438 350815), email is down too so if anyone does want to message us Facebook or here is probably the best bet for the next hour or so.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
    tFB Trader
    DougCoda said:
    We switched servers from one and one to Smarthost a couple of weeks back and the problem is with Smarthost, apparently this has happened to a lot of websites on this server, I've just been reading their Trustpilot reviews and something has gone badly wrong in the past few days. The shops are open and the site should be back running later today. In the meantime the phones work (01438 350815), email is down too so if anyone does want to message us Facebook or here is probably the best bet for the next hour or so.
    Good luck Doug - I recall a similar problem last year with my site when I changed server - Feeling of hopelessness and frustration - shows how business has changed from showroom visits to web site dominant - best wishes Mark
    We very much would like to apologise for the current lack of a web site.
    This is due to a server upgrade and change by Smarthosting (our hosting company) and Krystal as they recently decided to merge. There have been consequences for many people with sites being randomly locked as well as issues you may have noticed recently on our site.
    The issue is compounded by the fact that the the problems stretch so far across the web that their usually great support is next to impossible. Both companies have stopped phone support and posting on social media and the support ticket wait times are huge with 1000 tickets being constantly in line.
    Please rest assured we are doing everything we can to get back online as soon as possible.
    If you require any assurances or wish to discuss anything, please call 01438 350815 and we will be glad to help.
    DougCoda said:
    Good luck Doug - I recall a similar problem last year with my site when I changed server - Feeling of hopelessness and frustration - shows how business has changed from showroom visits to web site dominant - best wishes Mark
    It's an absolute nightmare
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
    tFB Trader
    DougCoda said:
    DougCoda said:
    Are they not able to post a temporary front page with appropriate 'sorry for temporary shut down - business open - call etc etc
    DougCoda said:
  • @DougCoda Just tried your site again and it seems to be working at the moment (tried it various times last night - and couldn't access it at all)... so maybe it's fixed or at least working intermittently (which is an improvement over last night).
    DougCoda said:
    DougCoda said:
    Are they not able to post a temporary front page with appropriate 'sorry for temporary shut down - business open - call etc etc    

We're trying to get that done at the moment
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    edited February 2017
    I've just got into the site, so it's definitely intermittent. What's poor along with all the other poor things is that is shows an account suspended notice when not working which could affect customer confidence and ultimately more sales.

Also I couldn't get to the shop Saturday due to hitchin being gridlocked. I blame @DougCoda ;;
    It's all my fault, especially Hitchin being gridlocked. Site is working now..fingers crossed it stays that way
  • DougCoda said:
    It's all my fault, especially Hitchin being gridlocked. Site is working now..fingers crossed it stays that way

That's what I said... 9 minutes ago. I think I must've fixed it.... you can pay me for my services when I next visit.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited February 2017
    Hosting - I use TSO Host for both a business and a personal domains, and they have proved very reliable. Okay, my domains are not retail sites, but support is excellent and I find the charges reasonable. TSOHost are also UK based. They keep you posted with any issues, as well as planned maintenance upgrades.

The next time you are looking to move domain hosting/servers servers/hosts, they could be worth considering.

PM me if you need some more convincing.

(And no I don't work for or get paid by TSO Host).