Harley Benton FXL-8 Switcher

longilongi Frets: 95
I'm thinking of picking one up as a birthday present for myself, does anyone have any experience of these fine looking bits of kit? I like the addition of midi so that I could use my M5 without using the fiddly preset select option. They look good on paper.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They're the same as the Joyo PXL Live. Several people here have had those so you might get more opinions searching for threads about the Joyo.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• dont have the midi version, but the standard 8 is perfect for those of us that would rather not tap dance.. well built, easy to configure..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• I had the Joyo version before I upgraded to a BOSS ES-8. It's a really well-made piece of kit and bonkers value for what it costs. I'm not sure what manual the HB comes with but the Joyo one was shocking. Watch Henning Pauly's video and that will get you though everything you need to know about it.
  • I'm not sure what manual the HB comes with but the Joyo one was shocking. 
    Thomann has the Joyo PXL-Live manual as a download on the HB FXL8 Pro page, so looks like it's the same.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    Got one, works great for what I use it for but MIDI is A) limited, B) fiddly to program, and C) not brilliantly documented. I second the reccomendation for Henning's video demo/tutorial.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    great stuff thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, does it have a stomp box mode?
    longi said:
    No, that's the one thing missing. Doesn't bother me personally but I know it's something some people are loath to give up...
    edited February 2017
    JayGee said:
    longi said:
    No, that's the one thing missing. Doesn't bother me personally but I know it's something some people are loath to give up...
    It doesn't bother me too much, for me it's better than tap dancing, there are ways around it of course.

I think I'll just have to procure the HB or Joyo equivalent switcher.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I'd agree with the comments above.   Seems pretty sturdy and was easy to program using the loops but the midi side was very fiddly to use.   
    John_P said:
    I'd agree with the comments above.   Seems pretty sturdy and was easy to program using the loops but the midi side was very fiddly to use.   
    It only really needs to bank up and down, I'm not really fussed about control changes. It's just so my M5 can preset change per patch for all of the stuff that requires things like a harmonizer or specific delay times. Nothing fancy.
  • Pm'd
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    longi said:
    John_P said:
    It only really needs to bank up and down, I'm not really fussed about control changes. It's just so my M5 can preset change per patch for all of the stuff that requires things like a harmonizer or specific delay times. Nothing fancy.
    It can generate two MIDI messages (PC or CC) every time you engage or disengage a patch, in my case I use those for channel selection on my amp and patch selection on a TC Alter Ego X4 delay. If you need more then I guess you could always go with a MIDI mapper/expansion box...
    JayGee said:

It can generate two MIDI messages (PC or CC) every time you engage or disengage a patch, in my case I use those for channel selection on my amp and patch selection on a TC Alter Ego X4 delay. If you need more then I guess you could always go with a MIDI mapper/expansion box...

I've been looking for midi mappers as it happens to map my M5 and I can only find 2 at the mo, Midi solutions Event Processor and one more of which the name I can't remember I don't know if there are any more out there, if you know of any let me!

Pm'd
    Pm replied

• longi said:
    Pm'd
    Pm replied

Pm reply replied. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.