PSA: Levinson Blade blow out.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30826

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    When do you take delivery?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    Haven't seen sight nor sound of Jason at High End Guitars for sometime
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    edited February 2017
    What's the catch with these other than the different branding? Even the listed "RRP" is much lower than a normal LB...

edit: I think I'm confusing these "Player" series with the "Classic" series. Still a good deal methinks...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Quite tempting. Do I understand correctly that the humbuckers aren't splittable?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Quite tempting. Do I understand correctly that the humbuckers aren't splittable?
    I would imagine it is split when mixed with the middle pick-up in the 'quack' position - but not on its own
  • I'm looking for a strat type guitar anyone played one of these? 
  • Whitecat said:
    What's the catch with these other than the different branding? Even the listed "RRP" is much lower than a normal LB...

edit: I think I'm confusing these "Player" series with the "Classic" series. Still a good deal methinks...
    Dont think theres a catch; its from Blades entry level "player"guitars - no actives.  Bet its one hell of aguitar for that money.  
  • My Blade RH2 has a coil split in the tone control, I don't think these have that though.
    They are great guitars for the money.
  • Are these legit good guitars or just the Levinson name on cheap chinese guitars?  And didn't RichardsGuitars have a falling out with them due to the usual...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 562
    edited February 2017
    RichardsGuitars fell out with them ? most probably just a misunderstanding  ;)
  • The lack of VSC circuit, no body end truss rod adjustment  & not showing the neck joint makes me think they've gotten rid of a lot of what is different & I like about Blades.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    Are these legit good guitars or just the Levinson name on cheap chinese guitars?  And didn't RichardsGuitars have a falling out with them due to the usual...
    We need to check the date of manufacture on these guitars!! If they were made before Richard fell out with them, I am presuming they must be the best Strats money can buy.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12646
    Are these legit good guitars or just the Levinson name on cheap chinese guitars?  And didn't RichardsGuitars have a falling out with them due to the usual...
    Richard gets the arsehole with anyone who doesn't give in to his bullying... sorry but having been on the receiving end professionally, I have a different point of view to many about him. I won't say any more on a public forum, but *please* don't let his 'falling out' with a supplier be any more than something between him and them. There's often much more to it than him crusading for "quality"... and his social media outpourings should be viewed in a similar way as the Donald's.

TBH, though - I did look at this and question what I was looking at. It doesn't look anywhere near the quality of those original Blades.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    If its a Levinson Blade, it has to have a lawsuit headstock, otherwise its shit.
  • Are these legit good guitars or just the Levinson name on cheap chinese guitars?  And didn't RichardsGuitars have a falling out with them due to the usual...
    I believe the less expensive ones are made in Korea.
    I don't use the VSC on mine, despite the extra tonal options it offers. There's enough variation with the standard selections. The Trem is pretty good too... a bit stiffer than my Musicman, but comes back in tune really well.
    If I was looking for a guitar with £300 in my pocket I'd gladly go for this one.
  • Those daytonas looks really nice too. Nearly pulled the trigger on one a few weeks ago, but realised I didn't have enough strats. 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    edited February 2017
    These look like a bargain. I don't have much experience of the various Blade guitars but my RH4 (with the new style headstock) is surprisingly good for a 'shit' guitar @timmysoft ; :o 
  • drwiddly said:
    These look like a bargain. I don't have much experience of the various Blade guitars but my RH4 (with the new style headstock) is surprisingly good for a 'shit' guitar @timmysoft ; :o 
    Although RH4s with the lawsuit headstock are considered more desirable, I think this is down to aesthetics.  I've never had any proof that the newer RH4s are lesser quality than the originals. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    They have that horrible bridge like Squier Classic Vibe Strats where the base plate is too wide. If you look closely the outer two pivot screws are further away from the edge of the plate than they are on an aesthetically correct vintage type Strat bridge.

Most people probably wouldn't even notice but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me and is a tell tale sign of a 'cheap' guitar. The cheapest, basic ESP LTD Strats use this bridge too. 
  • I'm considering buying one of these. Is the consensus that one of these would be a better option than a second hand squire classic vibes? Also do you think I should be worried these have been lying around a warehouse for years?