SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Gibson ES335 for trade/sale

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• It looks a great guitar. GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It is great. I'm an idiot for selling really but I've got a Les paul urge for some reason
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited February 2017
    artiebear said:
    The Custom shop historic reissues. both 59 and 63 have always been built in the Nashville custom shop( not as stated previously just 2012/2013 ), the rest of the ES line since early 2000's in the Memphis facility ( which is also called a custom shop, but is reality just another factory ) The historics will have an A xxxxxx serial number on the orange label, nothing on the headstock as well as designating Nashville as the build origin.  The historics have a significantly higher ticket price over the Memphis guitars. Pick ups on the historic at that time would be classic 57's.
    I have a '58 335 reissue here with an A serial number and nothing on the headstock. It was definitely built in the Memphis factory.

There's a '59 reissue here with an A serial number that was also built in Memphis:

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-memphis/1959-es-335td-vos-historic-burst/

I think your info's out of date.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    For what it's worth, I've always preferred the Memphis guitars over their Nashville counterparts. The Memphis guitars tend to be a bit more rough and ready (unpainted F holes, for example), but with better neck profiles and tone in my experience.

Absurdly, the '63 reissues from the Nashville Custom Shop also have the earlier 'Mickey Mouse' style horns, rather than the more tapered horns that are historically accurate. It's bizarre that Memphis can get this right and Nashville can't, especially when the Nashville guitars are more expensive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brize said:
    For what it's worth, I've always preferred the Memphis guitars over their Nashville counterparts. The Memphis guitars tend to be a bit more rough and ready (unpainted F holes, for example), but with better neck profiles and tone in my experience.

Absurdly, the '63 reissues from the Nashville Custom Shop also have the earlier 'Mickey Mouse' style horns, rather than the more tapered horns that are historically accurate. It's bizarre that Memphis can get this right and Nashville can't, especially when the Nashville guitars are more expensive.
    Thanks for adding detail to my listing. I bought this guitar as I loved the neck and the way it played. I picked it over more expensive 335s and I think I'm going to keep it rather than trade for the LP as planned. 
  • Brize said:
    artiebear said:
    The Custom shop historic reissues. both 59 and 63 have always been built in the Nashville custom shop( not as stated previously just 2012/2013 ), the rest of the ES line since early 2000's in the Memphis facility ( which is also called a custom shop, but is reality just another factory ) The historics will have an A xxxxxx serial number on the orange label, nothing on the headstock as well as designating Nashville as the build origin.  The historics have a significantly higher ticket price over the Memphis guitars. Pick ups on the historic at that time would be classic 57's.
    I have a '58 335 reissue here with an A serial number and nothing on the headstock. It was definitely built in the Memphis factory.

There's a '59 reissue here with an A serial number that was also built in Memphis:

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-memphis/1959-es-335td-vos-historic-burst/

I think your info's out of date.
     I know that regarding the last couple of years @Brize, was just trying to answer in the context of mid late 00's according to the OP's questions. The pedigree of ES Gibson has become a very muddy field due to the lack of definitive info from the company. To answer in full would have required a post grad paper rather than a paragraph or two. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Back up bump
  • I can't remember how i got to this site but.....M-i-c-k-e-y Mouse ears:
    http://www.es-335.org/2010/06/07/m-i-c-k-e-y-what-the-what/
  • Mine looks like the real  Mickey to me
  • sm55onlsm55onl Frets: 28
    edited February 2017
    comment removed
  • Not to me when seeing it live. It would be strange to to do a 59 reissue and put in the advertising blurb (as above) what they are copying from the early models and use a 68 body shape
  • sm55onlsm55onl Frets: 28
    edited February 2017
    Comment removed
  • Bump
  • Must have Les paul to play beano blues bump