What reverb pedal for warm, resonant reverb?

5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
Morning all. 

I'm looking for a pedal for a warm, mellow and resonant reverb. I find many reverb pedals too echoey and hollow. I suppose it's not just a reverb I'm looking for specifically, but anything that gives some warm resonance and sustain. I'm just assuming reverb is the right place to start as room reverb is the closest I can get to what I want. Would gentle compression with some light reverb do it? 

Any suggestions? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I found the Strymon Flint's plate reverb lovely and warm, as is the hall. It doesn't have a room setting, but shorter decay on the hall or plate with the tone dial turned to around 11 o'clock should get you that level of warmth, even though the Flint reverbs are a bit darker than those on the Blue Sky. The Flint can also get insane if you want it to, but it can sound very natural as well.

So...the Flint, then.

• To me mellow and resonant are opposite sounds. Is there an example of the sort of sound you are after?
  • Caroline Meteore would probably do it. Great reverb. Springy but in a really nice lo-fi way. Hard to describe!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Analogue echo??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Thanks for recommendations. I've actually got close to what I'm looking for with the plate setting on the HOF and playing with the tone controls, so will get one of them. Embarrassingly obviously choice really.