Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• It's OK, Vim - I appreciate that and it's good to hear from you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited February 2017
    Thanks, guys!!
    She's looking into M&S platters but I told her I'm good for "proper" catering - whatever she wants, though (it's the photo + video cost I'm worried about).
    I don't really know what's best. She always does. F#@*, I'm stuffed without her.

How was yours unconventional, out of interest? 
    No speeches, very informal.... Though sadly our marriage wasn't a long one, we had a great day. It was a whole load of fun with people who mattered to us. Not the sort of day for a 'society' magazine - but nothing about it i round do differently :)
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    So sorry Thomas.  Words fail me, puts everything else into perspective.  You are in my prayers tonight my friend.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22788
    I never know what to say in situations like this, but so sorry to hear this news... and on the flip side, congratulations on the upcoming wedding, have a great day and do it your way.
  • Don't really know what else to say other than offer my condolences, positive vibes your way!

Congrats on the wedding, hopefully it is everything and more for the both of you.

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Wedding is set for 7th April at registry office.
    Then probably just a meal after - we're not into late night discos. Need to start thinking pronto on : 
    - venue for after (she wants big buffet type thing)
    - photographer / videographer
    - kilt hire

Etc... Tips - things I should know!? 
    She's so happy about this, it's good to see her smile.

Definitely pay for a videographer. We did that on the cheap and had a mate film it. It's not the same.

And maybe get all of your friends to film short cameos on the day too, to be edited in. That might be fun!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    edited February 2017
    My mate has a wedding video company, he makes music videos too so has a fresher eye for cool stuff.

http://www.poppycockweddings.co.uk/ 

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Just saw this. How utterly awful. 
  • Thanks for the link.
    Was so tired of everything today we took time out to go to the cinema. 
    Trying to choose who goes from work (to the ceremony and reception) is a minefield..
    Going to look at this wee house tomorrow. 
    Full steam ahead :o
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thomas, we haven't spoken before as I have not been a forum member for very long but just wanted to say how saddened I am to read about this. My thoughts are with you and your fiancée 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's ok - stick around, this is a great place, evolved over the years but with a core who have seen it through and lots of great new people all the time! 

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    So sorry to read this Thomas. 

Reading some of what you've put, don't beat yourself up for time spent on your album or at work, you weren't to know and life is for living. It's very clear reading your words how much your other half means to you and what you're prepared to do to make her happy :) 

Wishing you you both the best with all your plans. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    PVO_Dave said:
    Reading some of what you've put, don't beat yourself up for time spent on your album or at work, you weren't to know and life is for living. It's very clear reading your words how much your other half means to you and what you're prepared to do to make her happy :) 
    So much this.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Tom. So sorry to read all this. Best of luck with the wedding mate.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Almost identical thing happened to me and my first wife when we were 34 
    She felt a bit unwell and went for a check up
    next thing we knew we were looking at multiple tumours in multiple organs 
    the next 8 months were a confusing and emotional mess until it caught up with us
    i have some idea what you are going through
    pm me if you want a chat and sorry this has happened to you both
    two bits of advice
    take one day at a time
    remember it is nobodies fault
    Let me know if you need anything
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited February 2017
    Oh no - so sorry to hear that :)
    I will pm you. 
    I guess right now is the "easy bit" (God help me if that's the case!) - still waiting to chat to MacMillan to see what I face down the line. She is scared that further down the line it will be a long process of being very, very ill, which she'd rather not have. 
  • Practical question......

We're choosing songs for the wedding reception and there are going to be a LOT. 
    What is the best way to obtain the songs? Get full version of Spotify and download one at a time? 
    Any other way? I'm going to have to delegate this task to one of the family - too time-consuming. 
  • Really sorry to read this bud, terrible news. 

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    An echo of everyone else's thoughts, sorry to hear that and hope for the best. Keep positive, I'm sure that's the reason my Dad surpassed everyone's expectations. 

• I've only just caught up with this. So sorry to hear the news Tom. There's some great advice and thoughts above that I can't really add to, but congrats on the wedding and I'm sure you'll make it a day to remember. And the travel idea sounds spot on, doing something really memorable that you know your good lady wants to do and that you can enjoy together. Wishing you both all strength and best wishes for whatever lies ahead, the good and the rest.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/