BBand undersaddle pickup - Pickup or EQ problem

What's Hot
Hi can anyone please advise me  .

I bought a Tanglwood Electro acoustic bass locally , all looked well until I got it home . When plugged into an amp all that comes throught is a hissing / static sound with only the faintest of the actual bass tone coming through  .

I have checked all the connections and all looks well - it is an undersaddle pickup with the  BBand EQ with the built in tuner  .

The controls on the EQ controls seem to work as they do adjust the volume of the hissing sound , the onboard tuner lights up but is unable to pickup a clear tone from the pickup for it to work  . 

I have found a replacement pickup but it is £50 which may not solve the problem if it is the EQ .
Any help would be much appreciated
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    My experience with these is that it's usually - although unfortunately not always - the pickup strip itself.

I won't bore you with my usual stuck-record rants about electro-acoustics, but suffice to say I'm not a fan of this system.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    tFB Trader
    I think that the B-Band is one of the better sounding USTs but they do seem to have a higher failure rate and new transducers are about £50 each  :o
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    I think that the B-Band is one of the better sounding USTs
    That's a bit damning with faint praise though :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Thanks for taking the time out to reply, I guess it's a new pickup then. 
  • With @ICBM on this one BBands are definitely not my favourites try Headway 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    Just checking that you've definitely tried a new battery in it before you rush of spending!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.