NAD - Wem Dominator MK III

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
Just picked this up today...sounds lush... :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited February 2017
    Yep they do - my first 'proper' amp was one of those - pushed a bit, it sounded great. Can't remember the exact details but isn't the Dominator essentially a copy of an 18 watt Marshall - or is it the other way round?

If you ever get bored of it, I'd imagine @Gassage would buy the grill cloth off you....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I did a gig with a band the other week and their guitarist was using a WEM, it sounded incredible. Had a chat with him after and apparently it was a bass amp but it sounded immense. Nice score pal
    How very rock and roll
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    Yep they do - my first 'proper' amp was one of those - pushed a bit, it sounded great. Can't remember the exact details but isn't the Dominator essentially a copy of an 18 watt Marshall - or is it the other way round?
    Other way round - the Marshall 18W is a Dominator copy... but not this Dominator, the earlier 'angle front' type. The marshall uses different transformers and better speakers, so it doesn't sound that similar. This one is quite a different circuit again, so although it sounds broadly like a 'British 2-EL84' amp when pushed, it's not really the same sound as the Marshall at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    I had a Dominator III with a 15" speaker that I sold to my brother and kind of regret. They're amazing things. Well done! 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Fiver?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    Fab amps - sounds bigger than the wattage suggests.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I did a gig with a band the other week and their guitarist was using a WEM, it sounded incredible. Had a chat with him after and apparently it was a bass amp but it sounded immense. Nice score pal
    I did not know we were gigging together. :)

I use a 15" bass WEM dominator as my main gigging amp.
    It is brilliant for guitar, utter shit for bass though.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    What do clean examples of these go for these days?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    McToot said:
    What do clean examples of these go for these days?

You'll see plenty advertised for £400+... they rarely sell for that. Halve it and add a little if its really mint and you'll be about right.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    I have one of those here for a service and sell on, when I get round to it...
  • Well, I paid £50 this and am very pleased. Great sounding amp. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That is a steal. WEM parts have always done well for me on ebay. There seems to be a good demand for the various bits and bobs - grill material, piping, feet etc.