Opinions on Mayones regius 6 custom

What's Hot
BarneyBarney Frets: 614
Iv been offered one of these in a trade for my les paul ..has anybody had expirience to what these are like......i know iv led a sheltered life :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    A mate has one.

Very very nice, flawlessly put together but leaves me a little cold.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    Bucket said:
    A mate has one.

Very very nice, flawlessly put together but leaves me a little cold.
    Thanks ...are they mainly rock sounding or do they do other things as well
  • To be honest bud most guitars can do most things, I use a jackson with active emgs, for everything, including finger picking folk lol,  and only get compliments in its tone, it's all about adjusting your technique to suit the music not changing the equipment :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To be honest bud most guitars can do most things, I use a jackson with active emgs, for everything, including finger picking folk lol,  and only get compliments in its tone, it's all about adjusting your technique to suit the music not changing the equipment :) 
    Yeah i agree totaly...just all i can find on them is about heavier rock stuff...
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    What are the specs?

I have a regius 6 with bareknuckle blackhawks in it.  Its swamp ash wings with the 11 piece neck.

Neck wise it's a fairly flat radius (similar to LP) and is a split between a modern U and modern C.  Slightly deeper than my PRS wide thin neck and a wide-ish nut closer to the LP.  Not that shreddy a neck IMO.

Sound wise (pickups are a huge driver here) the split coil tones are very clear and will cover most bases.  The pickups are fairly hot so any low gain blues stuff I tend to roll down the volume a tad.  I expect this would be easier with lower output pickups.  Pretty even response across the neck as well.

It has quite a bright attack if you are coming from an LP but is a full sound nonetheless.

As discussed previously they are very well made, mine is pretty much flawless and I can only say that about my PRS....

Where are you based?
    edited February 2017
    prh777 said:
    What are the specs?

I have a regius 6 with bareknuckle blackhawks in it.  Its swamp ash wings with the 11 piece neck.

Neck wise it's a fairly flat radius (similar to LP) and is a split between a modern U and modern C.  Slightly deeper than my PRS wide thin neck and a wide-ish nut closer to the LP.  Not that shreddy a neck IMO.

Sound wise (pickups are a huge driver here) the split coil tones are very clear and will cover most bases.  The pickups are fairly hot so any low gain blues stuff I tend to roll down the volume a tad.  I expect this would be easier with lower output pickups.  Pretty even response across the neck as well.

It has quite a bright attack if you are coming from an LP but is a full sound nonetheless.

As discussed previously they are very well made, mine is pretty much flawless and I can only say that about my PRS....

Where are you based?
    This one has bare knuckle holy diver pickups in its also split coil....its like a blue top but you can see the grain through it....i wish i knew how to upload pics but not sure how....i think im going to go for it ....looks really nice