Moog Mother 32 + Drum Sequencer/Rhythm. Advice please

So I have been mulling over a M32 for well over a year now. I love the sounds, the look and it seems relatively easy to get on with for an absolute techno idiot such as myself - thats important to bear in mind guys!

What I want is to be able to link the M32 up to a drum sequencer with no fuss so Im after recommendations for that I gues. A nice, easy, preferably cheapish sequencer for drums or some sort of rhythm. I love the Korg Volca's but apparently they dont play nice with the M32 and I do not have the patience or ability to techno my way round the solution.

Alternatively I may just invest in a small army of the Volca range and start from there but ya know, MOOG!

How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    So many 'gotchas' in this. This machine doesn't like being slave, and that one doesn't play nice unless you do some things oi a certain order.

My advice would be to browse YT for clips where people are successfully doing Mother + drum machine jams (there are dozens) and see which drum macines are most popular. Maybe use the comments to ask questions?

I think @GavRichList has a Mother 32 and he may have hands-on experience.
  • Worked fine off ableton, and synced well with my iPad. It does trigger sequence upon receipt of midi clock info however, which can be quite irritating. 
  • I think it's clear I lack the technical know how to join the cool club. I think I'll still to hitting wood and wires for the time being
    How very rock and roll
  • I've got the Volca Beats and Keys, honestly I found it super easy to set up, I've never used any kind of synth before, but within half an hour of getting the beats, I was up and running. The keys took a little longer, but then it's slightly more complicated. Plus for £100 each is a pretty good deal.
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    updated. I got Mother 32 and yesterday took deliver of an arturia drumbrute.  The midi out of the drumbrute works flawlessly with the mother. A little more than I initially wanted to spend but I'm super chuffed with the results 
    How very rock and roll
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Congrats. I love the mother 32 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    @benmurray85 ;ohh the drum brute, was very interested in that for a while. How is it?
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    @Teetonetal I love the brute. Only had it around 48 hours but its great and does what I want. I dare say some more experienced people in this field may dislike some of the sounds out of it but for me its bloody brill. Already got two or three tune ideas out of pairing it with the Moog.
    How very rock and roll