Boss GT-5 Drive settings

cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
I've been using my GT-5 quite a lot lately but one thing I struggle with is getting decent OD/Dist settings that I could use for recording. I always end up with something sounding quite harsh. Has anybody got any tips or advice for doing this? The presets are generally pants. I've tried to google for users presets but it has hasn't turned up much, I guess with the age of this unit that's to be expected. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've started experimenting with the drives on the Boss GT-3 I bought a couple of weeks ago. I had one in the past and loved it, the modulation especially really works for me, but never used the drives much. Early pissing around says don't push the drive too much and cut the treble right back. 

I don't really do Boss drives very much in normal pedal format so it's not surprising that most of the GT-3 drives aren't for me. The Distortion2 I use a bit for general practise and the fuzz gets an airing. I will play with these more over the next month. One of the benefits of leaving/being sacked (depending on your point of view) :dizzy: 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    I haven't played with mine as much as I should have yet, but start with the 'Natural Overdrive', it does actually do what it says. Just checked mine and my basic patch has Drive 40, Bass +10, Treble -10, Level 50.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    Thanks guys. I spent an hour last night playing around with it. I like the fuzz it's pretty good. I think the sheer amount of possible settings is mind boggling at first but I'm slowly getting to grips with it.