Rag'n'Bone Man - Human (2017)

duotoneduotone Frets: 982
New album released today.

It's on both Spotify & Google Play Music

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    thanks and I hope the album is as strong as the single :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    I hope so too, that's a really excellent song.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    To me, it's more emperors new clothes.  Have we really come to think of average but different as the new sensational?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I am with you @rlw - I am not even sure its particularly different is it? Tediously mediocre and unimaginative I'd say. I hope this is my 'win nothing with kids' moment, but I don't see a long career ahead even if he is radio 1/the music business' chosen one. 

I prefer stormzy's single. Its not my bag but at least it has an energy and is vaguely none conformist. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Gave it a listen through once on a decent pair of headphones.  Thought it was decent 6/10, but nothing spectacular that blew me away.

Maybe it will grow more after a few more listens.
  • Got it today and I've given it a couple of listens already. I'd say there is nothing particularly innovative there, but it's a nice vibe with  some passion behind it. The above average and heartfelt vocals lift it beyond the mundane for me.
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    edited February 2017
    I prefer 'hard came the rain' but i quite like human too.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    He's got a great voice but for some reason I keep imagining Emeli Sande singing it.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Hadn't realised he was British till I saw him on the news this morning! His voice is so Americanised. I like Human, not a truly great song but his power and delivery makes it. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I like it, and the other tracks I've listened to.  It isn't ground breaking stuff but certainly is well crafted, performed with a bit of passion and different/better than the usual gangsta pop pap.  Seems like an OK bloke too..
  • Remove the current hype and it doesnt stand out from any of the other shit that gets rammed into your ears on a daily basis.
  • He was on Sunday Brunch a couple of weeks ago, he is doing well for someone who appears incredibly awkward ( not that stopped Prince). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.