Yamaha LS16 ARE .... any love?

What's Hot
Anyone got good experience of the Yamaha LS16 ARE? ......thinking of getting one.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got a LL16 ARE and I've played the old model LS16. 
    The LS16 I played was a lot of guitar for the money and they come with a good quality case. I've heard some that sounded a bit boxy but the one I played was good, particularly for finger style. I wouldn't entertain one for hard plectrum styles you'd be better off with the LL16 for that or a Taylor 110.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I played quite a few of the new L Series ARE Models in the 6 and 16 configurations and I believe they are all excellent.  

I think the LS6 models were excellent as well, a bit warmer sounding than the LS16's but the latter definitely had a richer tone. 
  • @BigLicks67 and @earwighoney  thanks guys. I'm more of a finger picker. I'm away to try the LS16 next week.
  • Tried the LL...... Think L is for loverly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Spikeedog said:
    Tried the LL...... Think L is for loverly.
    What happened to the LS?
  • Can't get my hands on one.....
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    I had one and we didn't really bond..found it quite boxy sounding.there are nicer guitars for money imho.
  • Like what..?? @woody ;
    I've been very impressed with faith and recording kings of late.you might get really lucky and bag a nice s/h furch or stonebridge. 
  • Tried an early Stonebridge. V.nice. Never tried a Faith but might be able to tomorrow. Recording Kings are apparently variable..?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've personally liked pretty much all of them I've played but I'm sure opinions would vary. I have a fair few high end acoustics but I keep an rd17 as a beater.it holds its end up very respectably.a furch/stonebridge would be ultimately what I would recommend if they fall into your price range though.no better guitar to humble exotica imho.
    Another guitar that really impressed me was a  mayson m9 at under 700 euros. Brilliant guitar.