Stand alone IRs?

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
So ive found that the H&K d.i out isnt actually that great because you are supposed to use an i.r to go with it because as stock it doesnt take "air etc" into account. 

So i can use the I.r in Reaper but it wont be live monitoring without latency and even aftee adjusting it, its abit of a ball ache and clips.

So, can i get a stand alone i.r player or something similar so i csn just plug it in and play rather than loading Reaper?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Two notes do a plug in called wall of sound which is an IR host (amongst other things)
  • Cabicular said:
    Two notes do a plug in called wall of sound which is an IR host (amongst other things)
    It requires a VST host to run it, though - like Reaper ;)

AMT have the CP-100, which is a hardware impulse loader and would do the job nicely. For about the same money second-hand, you could get a Digitech GSP1101; it's much bigger (1U rack), but it's got lots of other features too.

For cheaper (but less accurate) cab sims, you could try the Zoom MS-50G (I believe it has cab sims), or even the H&K Red Box.

If it were me though (and it may very well be soon), I'd go for the AMT CP-100. It's small, has all the features you need and sounds as good as the impulses you put into it.
    <space for hire>
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Apologies i meant software wise
  • OK - in that case, why is loading Reaper such an issue? I have my copy of Reaper set up so that the default project is my "noodling" project; it's just got two tracks (one left, one right) for playing in stereo, with my Wall of Sound III presets fired up and ready to go.

All I need to do is launch it and I'm good to go...and it takes less time to launch Reaper (probably 4 seconds or so) than it does for my amps to warm up.
    <space for hire>
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Oops apologies for the Lazy read 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Because of latency and clipping, other wise id be sort.
  • I've searched for a software standalone IR loader and the past and didn't come up with much.

I now use Ableton Live and like digitalscream just have a project template that I can fire up right away.

I've got my project and sound card set at 96k with a small buffer size and I don't get latency issues.

To keep things simple I also used to use Scuffham Amps with the amp bypassed and only the convolver loaded which worked well if didn't want to load Ableton.

Note quite the standalone host you're looking for but there seem to be a couple of "micro daw" or AU/VST lightweight hosts that might give you what you need:

Juno Ju-X article

Audio Plugin Player Mac Appstore

Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/