Speaker bolts

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
Aplogies for the daft question and shame of needing to ask...   I started fitting some new speakers in a couple of old Marshall cabs and the screws have been put somewhere safe - too safe.   

Any recommendations on where to order a bunch of spares or what size they are so I can try a hardware store?

80's jcm800 1960 and a more recent 1960 if that makes any difference
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited February 2017
    Search ebay for "M5 cheeseheads". Or if the JCM800 cab is old enough it might still have the old 2BA thread cheeseheads. I think its the 1" length you need off the top of my head but double check.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72313
    The modern one will be M5 (0.8) x 25mm. The 80s one will probably be 2BA x 1", but I can't remember when they changed - although the threads are very similar, don't try to force one into the other if it doesn't fit properly since there's a good chance of the thread binding and rotating the T-nut in the wood, and then you're in major trouble.

You can get the M5s from any tool/hardware shop, but 2BA is more tricky these days. Don't forget to fit shakeproof washers as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Great stuff.    Thanks chaps 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631

If they do seem to be 2BA look for a model shop, trains, planes and such. BA was/is the standard thread for model engineering. Mind you, they will stiff you for them!

Dave.