Schecter Guitar Appreciation Thread

What's Hot
Who uses a Schecter Guitar on here?

I've seem some negative reviews of them on various forums which personally I can't see.

I've got three, have got rid of two (as I was skint and needed the money) and absolutely love them. I've got an ATX Blackjack 7-string with Seymour Duncan Blackouts which is a superb guitar. I've also got a C-1 Stealth from 2003 which is one of the best guitars I've ever played and will never sell it. It's got Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge and '59 in the neck, a really comfortable neck and just sounds superb.

Anybody else use them? Anybody got anything negative to say about them?
Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I have a couple. I can't remember what the first one is but it cost me £250 new in an end of season blowout type thing. I have no complaints with it.
    I also have a US custom shop I bought new in 2016. It's simply a brilliant guitar up there with my TA.
    They get a bad rap but I love them.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    the early c1s were pretty good, but everything else i've tried has been pretty bland.  I toured a tempest for a few months but went back to ESPs and Fenders.
  • I've got a custom shop strat-type from the late 90's which came with the monstertone tapped singlecoils. 
    It's a beautiful guitar - 5 tone sunburst and Birdseye maple neck with jumbo frets. Possibly a slightly flatter radius than I'd choose if buying now but still feels lovely and comfortable to play, and it can do ridiculous bends without choking.
    I've swapped out the monstertone pickups as I found them a bit dark, and didn't often need the huge output when untapped. I now have an Oil City Stone Tone tapped bridge singlecoil, with two standard Triple Blues in the neck and middle. This gives lovely classic strat sparkle across the usual 5 tones, but with a bit more grunt and fatness available on the bridge if needed.

I'm still curious as to what a full set of tapped stone tones would sound like though...!

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited February 2017
    I have a Schecter tempest custom. Love the look but for the money it's just not finished well enough.

Issues:
    Dodgy switch was replaced under warranty. Now playing up again 2 years later.

Frets are rising off the fretboard (issue since purchase)

Strings fall off bridge if you play harder than softly.

I think it cost me 600 gbp but it's a good few rungs below a fender mim guitar or gibson lp junior/studio.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    I have a Blackjack Solo II. It's pretty awesome for the music I play, and I loved the SD Blackouts at first but I'm starting to go off active pickups. Might change them for some Zombie Dust ones. Out of all the active pickups I've used though they've been by far the best. I love the ebony fretboard and it's incredibly comfortable to play - it's LP shape but doesn't weigh a ton. It's also vampire red, and it looks great.

Only issues I've had with mine is the jack socket being a bit temperamental, and a connection came loose in the pickup switch causing the sound to degrade. Both are sorted now.

I've decided that this is my bedroom playing guitar, but my Epi LP 1955 Custom is for live/rehearsals.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    Calling @HarrySeven .....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240 said:
    Calling @HarrySeven .....
    Don't worry...I'm here! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    The Korean made ones have always been a bit too "metal" for my tastes, but I love my USA PT muchly.
  • Other guitarist in my band has one and it sounds pretty decent to me.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    I've had a few (S1,tempest,Banshee & Shaun Morgan sig). 
    All have been great playing guitars actually and I'd happily have another. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    I first bought an 8 string  cherry damien  elite . Amazing quality, and all-active, definitely US quality, all EMGs
    then I bought 2 Bass VI Hellcats. one Mex-like, one USA-like
    then I bought a new  30 inch baritone , all EMGs, lovely better build than a US strat
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    I've got a Tempest Blackjack and a TSH-1 semi-hollow (the older model from around 1999 that has a bolt on neck and a smaller body like the Tempest)

The Blackjack is a great guitar, though I replaced the pickups with some more vintage output humbuckers, but is very heavy.

The TSH-1 is much lighter but is badly balanced, suffering from some quite annoying neck dive. Probably because of the light body and shape, which doesn't put the strap button in a very good location to offset the weight of the neck. (I assume this is the reason why the current TSH-1 the larger body and shorter scale length, though it means it doesn't look as good.)
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    The Kieth merrow ones are tasty! And the PT tele lookie likies are pretty nice looking too
  • @Jeremiah I had a TSH-12, the 12 string version. 

It was a lovely guitar but the neck dive was absolutely insane. 
  • Yeah, the Lambo Blue Keith Merrow with the sustainer looks absolutely awesome
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    The PT looks nice.
  • I've just bought myself a 90s custom shop Strat (picking it up on Saturday) so I'm hoping that one is ok !
  • TTBZ said:
    The PT looks nice.
    I got one for peanuts, upgraded it and got repeated praise for its tone. Sold it. Shouldn't have. Would buy it back. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent