Direct Replacement Tremolo for Gotoh GE1996T

What's Hot
Hey everyone, I'm looking to modify a Strat (which currently has a Gotoh GE1996T locking tremolo installed) by putting a vintage style tremolo on it, The distance between the posts on the GE1996T is different to that of a fender two post tremolo, and I don't want to start cutting and filling holes in my guitar, I have been looking at the Floyd Rose non fine tuner, I think this is a direct replacement however I've been emailing floyd rose and gotoh and neither have given me an answer, does anyone know if this is a direct replacement or know any alternatives? Thanks :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    This will fit:

https://www.schaller-electronic.com/hp192974/Vintage-Tremolo-right-13050137.htm

What are you going to do about the locking nut?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks a lot guys :), ICBM I recognise you from the question I asked the other day :) I spoke to my regular luthier and he said he can make me a bone nut and match the colour of some maple to blend it in (I'm not overly worried about the colour difference) I'm going to put some Schaller M6 Locking tuners on instead of the Gotoh ones that are on the strat, floyd rose just seem to always be in the way, Ibanez have the right idea with the edge pro.
    What's ludicrous is that on the Schaller webpage for that bridge, it says "Perfect replacement for Fender™ Stratocaster tremolos." No it absolutely isn't! It will not fit any Strat other than one with a Floyd Rose on it… but it should fit yours if the post spacing is 74mm. The Schaller says 74.3mm, but they do fit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, that seems pretty ridiculous and it's things like that which make it pretty difficult for the uneducated (I.E. me) to find the right part, cheers again mate :)
  • By the way, I've noticed the wisdom button, does that help people who answer my questions if I click it?
    Glaw3434 said:
    By the way, I've noticed the wisdom button, does that help people who answer my questions if I click it?
    Yes, but I have more than enough wisdoms and not enough wows, so can I have a wow instead if you were going to give me a wisdom? :D 

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom