Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best Big Muff Effects Pedal for the Electric Guitar for under £100...?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23938
    Half of a ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud.

Then buy the other half later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 882
    edited February 2017
    Hail satan fuzz and a pharoah would be my choices. The pharoah was more versatile but the hail satan just has a really great sound. Looking to move it on as moving away from fuzz and want to finance a juansolo multi. Although might be up for a trade on the DOD

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    Moss said:
    Either the ICBM 78 or Green Russian by @timhulio ;
    Fredric's green russian is perfect. I've got rid of far more expensive russian muff clones because none are as good as the fredric. 
  • This has been useful; I didn't know the ICBM Muff was even a thing! Has anyone used MBM's 4 knob version, with the diable mids as opposed to the switch?

His current version has a tone stack cutoff too so it's like an ICBM Tone Wicker, without the Wicker...
  • Is DIY an option?

If so, and you're genuinely intrigued by an IC Muff, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Frantone Cream Puff kit from poodle/fuzzdog (he calls it the Creme Fluff).  I've just built one, and for me, it beats the pants off any other Muff I've owned/tried, including an IC Muff clone.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7082
    Euthymia ICBM is my favourite and sounds very Pumpkins, which is why I bought my one.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7082
    Is DIY an option?

If so, and you're genuinely intrigued by an IC Muff, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Frantone Cream Puff kit from poodle/fuzzdog (he calls it the Creme Fluff).  I've just built one, and for me, it beats the pants off any other Muff I've owned/tried, including an IC Muff clone.
    I had the original Frantone Cream Puff and always found it way too bassy in a band scenario, which is why I moved it on after two years of trying. Sounds great on its own, but when I kicked it in it just turned to BOOM!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• JD50JD50 Frets: 651
    edited February 2017
    I know you said to ignore EHX but surely the Deluxe Big Muff has the most options? According to the Kitrae muff page it can get close to a lot of classic muff versions.
  • stonevibe said:
    Is DIY an option?

I had the original Frantone Cream Puff and always found it way too bassy in a band scenario, which is why I moved it on after two years of trying. Sounds great on its own, but when I kicked it in it just turned to BOOM!
    Yeah, to be fair it's only had bedroom use so far, so can't vouch for it in band situations.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • @JD50 I'm not actually a massive fuzz user, I just love to have one on my board. Thusly, a Deluxe anything is overkill really. MXR-sized boxes are the way forward. I think MBM's '79 IC Muff is the front runner at the moment. 

Anyone got one for sale? ;)
  • Anyone have/tried a Spaceman Sputnik?
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 651
    @JD50 I'm not actually a massive fuzz user, I just love to have one on my board. Thusly, a Deluxe anything is overkill really. MXR-sized boxes are the way forward. I think MBM's '79 IC Muff is the front runner at the moment. 

I had one of these for a while, great pedal & I think Mike makes one with an optional mids knob, same size enclosure.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @JD50 I'm not actually a massive fuzz user, I just love to have one on my board. Thusly, a Deluxe anything is overkill really. MXR-sized boxes are the way forward. I think MBM's '79 IC Muff is the front runner at the moment. 

I've the Dream Box version that contains the distortion side too, but bigger than MXR size. It did have a bit of an issue when I got it which I can fully describe for you by PM if interested, I have fixed it now though :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • @thecolourbox I'm all ears mate, send me a PM :)
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    bbill335 said:
    Moss said:
    Either the ICBM 78 or Green Russian by @timhulio ;
    Fredric's green russian is perfect. I've got rid of far more expensive russian muff clones because none are as good as the fredric. 
    Not a muff expert but the green russian is a lovely sounding pedal - v smooth sounding.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    I set up my Tone Wicker last night with a Boss OC-3, a rat and a tremolo before it and the thing thing was sounding superb. Absolutely huge sounding, hoping it will sound just as good with the band tomorrow. If you miss it maybe you should go back to it???
  • juansolo said:

^^^^ get Juan to build you one. Seriously.
  • Yeah I'm leaning that way ;)