Getting a Digitech XP-200 modded into a Space Station or XP-1000 advice.

BeefBeef Frets: 260
edited February 2017 in Making & Modding
Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in the UK where I could get a XP-400 modded into a Space Station, or ideally the XP-1000 (all the Digitech XP series in one)?

I've looked into doing it myself but frankly I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to modding pedals and I'm not sure that I'm up to it. Plus it needs various specific one-time-use kind of things like the Eprom chip reader/writer which is a pain. If the price is right I'd actually prefer to pay to have it modded but I can't find anywhere other than Jetpack Mods in the States and I'd sooner sell it as is than ship it 4000 miles and back just for this mod. 

Does anyone have any leads or advice? Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi, not in the UK but in Spain, check this out: http://decibelics.com/digitech-xp-mods/
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    https://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/newsarchive/XPALL.html

I own one of these (with @meltedbuzzbox ; - we went halves) and its brilliant. I'd state that the Space Station sounds are a lot better than the rest, IMHO...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• As @impmann says, the space station is where the fun is. I wouldn't really bother with the rest.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BeefBeef Frets: 260
    edited February 2018
    Well shit, only a year later and I got a reply! Result! 

Thanks @Gui113m - those are actually some very reasonable prices. Especially compared to the JetPack Mods ones.

And @impmann, that's what I'm looking for. The XP all mod. I know most of the other modes other than the Space Station are going to be useless, but I'm a completionist. There are some cool modulation patches on the XP200 and I'd love to try the reverb one.  

I still have my XP200. I bought all the dozens of components needed to do the XP-all mod, including the EPROM chip and all that. I've got a guide to follow and everything, but i'm too scared to do it myself as I'm still not all that experienced with DIY pedals. So it's just sitting in a cupboard gathering dust  

I may well just send it off to that Spanish fella and get it done by a pro.
  • Beef said:
    Well shit, only a year later and I got a reply! Result! 

Thanks @Gui113m - those are actually some very reasonable prices. Especially compared to the JetPack Mods ones.

And @impmann, that's what I'm looking for. The XP all mod. I know most of the other modes other than the Space Station are going to be useless, but I'm a completionist. There are some cool modulation patches on the XP200 and I'd love to try the reverb one.  

I still have my XP200. I bought all the dozens of components needed to do the XP-all mod, including the EPROM chip and all that. I've got a guide to follow and everything, but i'm too scared to do it myself as I'm still not all that experienced with DIY pedals. So it's just sitting in a cupboard gathering dust  

I may well just send it off to that Spanish fella and get it done by a pro.
    i'd at least ask mr @juansolo ;
    You'd have nothing to lose.  
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • and a second step would be to ask circuit benders, especially if you have all the bits. 
    Although I thought everything but the xp100 already had sufficient EPROM chips and they didn't need the upgrade? (its been a while since I read up on it)
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited February 2018
    Mods aren't really our thing, sorry... and I'd also have to buy an eprom blower for a one time use as it's not the sort of thing we tend to do.