Marshall MG250DFX

darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
Hi All, looking for your input.

I played for a bit when I was younger and getting back into it again now, one of my rather daft purchases as a bedroom player was a 2x50W Marshall MG250DFX solid state combo, probably far too big for me, though I had a bit of gigging in mind back then.

Now opinion online on this amp seems varied, from people who seem to love them, to those who recommend burning it, burying it and salting the earth so nothing grows again.

I turned it on the other day and put a few pedals on it (its has an effects loop even) and struggled to get any tones I really liked.

Is it worth persevering, or should I dump it and chalk it up to experience?

I play a lot of 90s indie rock, and a lot of clean pentatonic noodles, if that helps!

Thanks
We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    Sell it while it's still working. All that series of Marshalls with the fan cooling are inherently unreliable and it's basically likely to be a matter of time before it dies.

There are a lot of much better-sounding amps for home playing these days.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom