Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

IQ Test

What's Hot

Comments

• slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    I'm rubbish at numbers so awlays score low.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited February 2017
    Sambostar said:
    110 on a quick random multiple choice without looking at the questions, which is the way I prefer to live my life.  I think it's high enough to survive.  110 is supposed to be high average so that's OK then.

i can respect your way of life, Sambostar. i like that. & you committed far more than me, as i was too lazy to bother. more interesting watching others play. that's my kind of education.

on the subject of multiple choice, as a former tefl teacher we used to call that 'multiple guess' when i trained because it's recognised within teaching & training as one of the worst ways to measure understanding.

eg, you can train a chimp to tick all the As, so if there are options ABCD the chimp has already scored 25% without understanding anything other than how to tick a box to get a banana.

if threshold is 51% then you only have to be able to get 26% more than a hungry chimp to pass.

dream the dream, ppl.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28139
    Sambostar said:

I've yet to see if they equate to social adaptation and intelligence or even practical intelligence (Making and using tools efficiently and practical problem solving etc.) though.  Maybe they do or are they really are only a certain part of human intelligence.
    IQ is a measurement of logical, spatial and mathematical ability. That's all.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2017
    131 on that first one. Idk if that's good or not.

Dyspraxia plays havoc with my ability to do long and complex sequences of mental processing though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307

I couldn't do any of the number ones except the Fibonacci Sequence. I didn't guess them as that could have given a false result if I'd got them right by accident.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SteveRobinson said:
    Hands up anyone still using Lynx as their primary browser
    I only use it as my primary deodorant now....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

These tests aren't a test of intelligence, just a test on how you can do these tests.

Everyone is intelligent in different ways and on different subjects.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28139
    mike_l said:

These tests aren't a test of intelligence, just a test on how you can do these tests.

Everyone is intelligent in different ways and on different subjects.
    IQ is a valid metric - it tests your logical, spatial and mathematical abilities, which are part of intelligence. It's not meant to be all-encompassing - no test is.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    What's a four letter word that can be placed in front of script to make a new word?  That's been bugging me.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited February 2017
    Postscript?  Never heard of it, that's why I couldn't get it then.

I will say though, the more you do these tests, the more you learn what they mean and how to answer the questions correctly.

I just did another one, some 60 odd questions.  I thought I was did pretty well then at the end it requested my email and $19.95.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Interestingly though, IQ tests were thought to be politically incorrect in the '50's and '60's.

So it's strange to see how they are still socially and politically accepted in the mainstream to be good indicators of intelligence in this day and age, what with rabid, militant feminism, obsolete eugenics, lovey educational systems where everyone is equal, labels on all sorts of minor social, physical, physiological or intellectual conditions, positive discrimination and the fact that everyone gets a prize because nobody can be allowed to fail.
    edited February 2017
    See, this is what I feel like when I do an IQ test.

You must answer one of the following questions, depending on your interests.

If you have absolutely no clue about horticulture, then choose the odd one out in the following series:

Juncus dichotomus
    Humulus lupinus
    Chimonobambusa tumidissinoda
    Phyllostachys vivax
    Carex morowii
    Lolium perenne

Alternatively, if you have absolutely no interest in guitars, choose the odd one out in the following series:

Jaguar
    Esquire
    Stratocaster
    Jazzmaster
    Telecaster
    Les Paul
    Mustang

Alternatively, if you have no interest in horticulture or guitars....well then you're basically fucked.
  • Sambostar said:
    See, this is what I feel like when I do an IQ test.

You must answer one of the following questions, depending on your interests.

Alternatively, if you have absolutely no interest in guitars, choose the odd one out in the following series:

Jaguar
    Esquire
    Stratocaster
    Jazzmaster
    Telecaster
    Les Paul
    Mustang

That's obviously a trick question as there are two that don't fit the series. Jaguar and Mustang are cars. 
    What did I score?
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

edited February 2017
    Exactly and one is in Italics, where as they all should be, but the person who wrote the question just doesn't want to to think that way, therefore you have...

FAILED

But actually that isn't the answer either, it was a rouse.

It's the same with a number series, you could have 1, 3, 8, 9, 8, 3, 3

Number one would be the odd one out because it isn't curvy..or is it?

• I did a mensa test and got 155, but then you have to go and repeat it under exam conditions and I never bothered.  It seemed quite expensive and also a bit daft to try and join a clever club.  I prefer to surround myself with dumbasses so I feel clever.   Hence why I enjoy flat earth threads :)
    I did a proper Mensa test under exam conditions (at home, my dad, a headmaster, made sure I didn't cheat!) when I was 15. Got a letter back saying I had an IQ of 147, but had to go to Birmingham to re-take it before they'd let me in. I had no interest in going to Birmingham, and certainly no interest in being in the same club as Jimmy Savile.

Don't want to do one now, hate to imagine how many brain cells I've killed with beer.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    128, didn't think about time being a factor. I wanted to get the right answer 
    My V key is broken
  • If average iq is 100 then does this show that guitarists are essentially clever sods?