Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NPD: The BEST Strymon Timeline EVER ????

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28152
    garfy said:
    Totally agree hotpickups, sounds are so subjective, thank god or we would all own a peavey bandit & an encore stratolike 
    Yeah, but we'd all be happy with it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @garfy how would you describe the difference between stock and Italo de Angelis' presets? Tape and Digital engines, for example...any more/less like an El Cap or 2290 or is that completely off the mark? Sounds great, in theory and I know you were immensely impressed when you first got it done. :-)
    Mate, I have owned the TL 3 or 4 times... but I've never heard one sound like this. It just seems, I dunno, fuller sounding. It reminds me of the 3D-ness of the FTT Flightime, if that makes sense.

Overall, Id say it sounds more organic, less digital, more analogue and more natural. I know, the usual subjective terms. It just sounds and feels alive.

(@garfy) Marc has got good ears, and I trusted his opinion on this.
  • I agree with that last statement, @garfy is a top bloke and has good taste!

would love to hear these settings in person, I don't doubt you or Marc's opinions, bet it sounds great! It was the digital that always lacked for me, so if that's better, then it's a winner!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Sporky said:
    garfy said:
    Totally agree hotpickups, sounds are so subjective, thank god or we would all own a peavey bandit & an encore stratolike 
    Yeah, but we'd all be happy with it.
    hahahahaha, i didn't mention pedals tho 
  • How does it work. Do you buy the presets, download then and upload them to your own timeline ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/

@garfy how would you describe the difference between stock and Italo de Angelis' presets? Tape and Digital engines, for example...any more/less like an El Cap or 2290 or is that completely off the mark? Sounds great, in theory and I know you were immensely impressed when you first got it done. :-)
    Jon, i know i'll be adding a Timeline back on the board soon mate to go with the ARDX20. As you know i have an old DD-2 which may or not blossom into a TES someday. The sounds as Warren says are/seem less processed and more natural.....and as Warren so rightly says i have big ears!
    How does it work. Do you buy the presets, download then and upload them to your own timeline ?
    Its a file that gets emailed to you, add them to SYX and/or Strymon Librarian and midi send them to the Timeline. In Librarian you can move, copy etc any preset into any location on the Timeline. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited February 2017
    Damn you lot. I want it now too

How much for the lot?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I'd be very interested to hear some clips. My 9 or so presets that I use suit me fine but always happy for improvements.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    So what does this cost?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Samples on his website - not sure of the cost
    €130 was the price last year. If you email Italo he'll help you out. 
    I'm confused.  I thought you've just bought them or did it come with the timeline?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm confused.  I thought you've just bought them or did it come with the timeline?
    Mate, they are DOWNLOADS :)
    So you bought them or are they just samples?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So you bought them or are they just samples?
    Oh mate :)

Right, Marc bought the TL, he purchased the downloads, and I bought the TL from him.

So, if you  have a TL, you purchase the downloads and upload them to your own TL.

You can then edit, store, delete as usual :)

• Oh right get it. At least I want to now ;). However there are other pedals I've got my beady eye on if you know what I mean :)
    You can download the audio sample. Italo will email you the syx file that has the presets on. You load the 70 presets on to the Timeline via Librarian. 
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    So it's 70 presets in total, or do you have to select a pack of which there are a few?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    70 presets for the Timeline as a package.