Help with a quick wiring question please!

So i have a three way on/on/on switch that needs rewiring into my HH guitar, the back of the block is 3x4 connectors, how do i wire it so that its just a simple three way toggle style?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Wire all three rows of four connections in parallel, connect the middle row to the volume control, and each end row to one of the pickups - usually the opposite end from where the connections are relative to where the toggle points, if that makes sense. ie if you want the switch 'down' for bridge, connect the bridge pickup to the upper row of contacts.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thanks i will give that a try :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    @notonlybutalso I'm curious as to what guitar it is. The Music Man John Petrucci models use a 4PDT selector switch but I'm sure there must be others. The Dimarzio EP1111 4PDT is popular for alternative switching of HBs. Is that the switch you have?

• its an old ibanez sz520 @Jimbro66 as stock it came with that switch and the middle position was both inside coils, but since then i took it out. Its a pain to wire but i love the switch itself, its bomb-proof :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    its an old ibanez sz520 @Jimbro66 as stock it came with that switch and the middle position was both inside coils, but since then i took it out. Its a pain to wire but i love the switch itself, its bomb-proof :)
    Thanks for that. Using a 4PDT to get the inside coils combined like that is a popular mod, particularly suiting funky rhythm sounds. Did you decide you prefer the middle position to be both full HBs instead of the split coils? Just curious :)
  • Well originally i desoldered the switch and the second volume and tone knobs and i just had a single bridge p90 going through one master volume. But now i have had a pair of heavu buckers wound by a friend so now its going to be my go-to heavy guitar :) the middle position therefore shall be both full humbuckers of pure crushing heaviness :P