Peavey vk100 head , older valve King model , any good ??

riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
been offered a mk1 peavey valve King and line 6 4x12 cab for £120 locally .

anyone know what they're like ? I'm into hot rodded jcm800 type sounds .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    You'll find both of them disappointing. The Peavey is quite flat and lifeless for a powerful valve amp, and the Line 6 cab is similarly mediocre - I think the speakers will be their 'custom' G12P-80s. Not positively terrible but just not good in any way really.

This is the sort of gear people tolerate using in practice rooms if it saves lugging their own amps in, but no better than that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    You'll find both of them disappointing. The Peavey is quite flat and lifeless for a powerful valve amp, and the Line 6 cab is similarly mediocre - I think the speakers will be their 'custom' G12P-80s. Not positively terrible but just not good in any way really.

This is the sort of gear people tolerate using in practice rooms if it saves lugging their own amps in, but no better than that.
    Some line6 cabs had V30's and were a much better built unit, it will say on the front if it does. 

If you can find one, the Peavey Windsor is a great amp in the 800 vein. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.