How many times have you had the chance to buy back the guitar you 'regret' selling. . . .

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 607
. . . . of course I say 'regret' in the sense I bought a new guitar and tried to abide by the one in out rule: I bought a new USA Strat that I tried in the shop. The Strat colour, the tones, the setup, . . . . one of those had to buy kind of guitars. I sold my Baja Telecaster to a goodly person on TFB here. I missed the Baja so I shouted out the other day that I was about to buy a white Baja from here but I preferred a desert blonde within an hour or so I was arranging to get the my original Baja back. Received from @mgaw on Friday in perfect and really enjoying noodling today.

Anybody else managed to re-unite?

Thanks again to @streethawk and @mgaw awesome characters!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Once, Gibson Nighthawk Special. 
    Sold it to buy an engagement ring.
    i now have the guitar and the ring. 
    And a new girl. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24266
    Got my fretless Status back after about 2 years.

Now I don't play it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love em and leave em.

That being said, the Baja in question was particularly nice (what a neck), and the 335 I've just received is a pearl.
    Might be getting soft in my old age.
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited July 2017
    There's a couple of them I wouldn't mind having back, not that I have regrets. But mostly because they were good guitars, but you can't keep them all. I guess the 2014 Memphis 59 ES-330 reissue would probably be top of the list. Great guitar.
  • I nearly got my JM jag back a few weeks back. It fell through at the last minute unfortunately 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    My first construction.
    Found it on eBay and bought it back.
  • Sold my old Fret King Blue Label strat on here, thought I could find something better, went through a few different guitars trying to replace it, but ultimately knew deep down I had to have it back.

When a guitar fits it just fits you know. I'm not particularly fond of the look of it, but it sounds and feels a bit special and it just works for everything I do. I've had another of the same model (different colour) and it sounded and felt totally different. So I guess this is 'my guitar'.

So anyway I contacted the buyer via message on here to ask if he would consider selling it back to me, turned out he was just about to list it for sale. So everything worked out perfectly in the end.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold my Raygun SG Jr to fund a Gibson- which would obviously be "better". It wasn't. I spent a couple of months searching online but eventually found a message arranging the sale on my old phone. 
    Long story short, I have the guitar back & it's going nowhere. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    Once. An ESP Ltd ax350 that I'd modified with SD blackouts, 20db active preamp on a pot, locking tuners, strap locks , added a hardcase etc etc.... bought it back realised it still wasn't my thing and sold it again.

never regretted it either 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28336
    I haven't sold that many. Just a handful. Three were great guitars but I'd done my time with them, like a relationship that fizzles out. No regrets so far.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    I only sell stuff I don't want any more.

I don't want any of it back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Once I think. I was offered back my much-missed '65 Fender Jaguar a couple of years later... but for more than I'd sold it for. I turned it down, and I think I've actually stopped missing it now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4136
    edited February 2017
    Once my first tele came back after 5 years, then realised why I sold it in first place. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    No chance to buy any back but I have the details of the chap I sold one to still and I think daily of asking about the guitar. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Got my fretless Status back after about 2 years.

Now I don't play it.
    May I suggest you change your  name to 'fretlessmeister', that might give you the incentive to play it again.

I love the sound of fretless bass. If there is such a thing as God it has to be Tony Levin.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A fact about me: I have never, ever sold a guitar. Something that my girlfriend is starting to get really fed up with.

I bought a 1930's National Resonator from an antique store a few months ago for a steal and all she had to say about it was 'Not another case!!!'.