Richie Kotzen Signature amp coming from Victory

What's Hot
VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
Just seen on his Instagram. Has built in Tremolo too
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks like it might be some sort of variation on the V40 Deluxe?
    How very rock and roll
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited February 2017
    Hmm, possibly, he did have a signature Cornford and Martin designed that too - he also a had a loan of 2 of them on the last Winery Dogs tour - a few of the guys in the Victory Owner's club provided them - they also got to meet him and he said he had a V30 so guess we'll need to wait and see!

• I was was hoping for a very similar amp/circuit to his original RK100. Disappointed that it now looks like it will be something completely different 

• I was was hoping for a very similar amp/circuit to his original RK100. Disappointed that it now looks like it will be something completely different 
    Tbf his playing has changed a lot from those days, he's now hardly using picks and a lot less shreddy. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited February 2017

I was was hoping for a very similar amp/circuit to his original RK100. Disappointed that it now looks like it will be something completely different 
    Tbf his playing has changed a lot from those days, he's now hardly using picks and a lot less shreddy. 
    Yeah you're right and I did think it was 10 years ago that the RK100 was in circulation after I posted that earlier 

Still disappointed as I find the victory amps to be lifeless and was hopeful Martin Kidd would revert back to some older circuit designs for the latest RK amp that sounded great 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I'm sure RK will make it sound good!
  • I'm quite excited to hear what this is like when it's released but I'm quite happy with my friedman now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Evildurka said:
    I'm quite excited to hear what this is like when it's released but I'm quite happy with my friedman now.
    I'm sure it will be good but still happy with my Victory V30 :) Going Helix soon too - once someone on here buys my FX8 *ahem* 
  • The RK100 still gets my vote for sexiest looking amp ever.
    Really don't like the initial vibe off this...
    Im sure it sounds teriffic though, which is really what us guitarists think about, right?! 
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

Thank God for that, that shred shite gives me a headache. Kotzens signature Tele is one beautiful guitar.

Thank God for that, that shred shite gives me a headache. Kotzens signature Tele is one beautiful guitar.
    I thought he was better at it than the stuff he's doing now. 
    Despite The Winery Dogs boasting some of my fave players from the technical field, they are a bit middle of the road.  
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like it might be some sort of variation on the V40 Deluxe?
    Yes it looks like some kind of variant on the V40s

If you listen to his recent appearance on No Guitar is Safe podcast he talks about the amp in more detail
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited April 2017
    Vaiai said:
    If you listen to his recent appearance on No Guitar is Safe podcast he talks about the amp in more detail
    That new album sounds as soulful as Hell

Great player and singer.

Kebabkid said:
    Vaiai said:
    That new album sounds as soulful as Hell

Great player and singer.

Yeah he doesn't really see himself as a rock guy now - if you listen to the podcast he talks about the music he grew up with and the singers he likes etc. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited April 2017
    I will do @Vaiai - I literally skipped through to where there was both live playing and his new stuff.

Back to the new amp, and I don't know if I'm talking complete shish here, but as RK plays with is fingers, if it's a true signature model, won't that be reflected in the response and dynamics of the amp? In which case, what will that mean for players who use a pick? Darker? Brighter? Too touch sensitive?
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Vaiai said:
    What did he say ?
    #thebatesmotelband