Gabriel Tenorio Strings - anyone have any experience with these?

What's Hot
nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
Well I'm looking to try out a set of these handwound Gabriel Tenorio Strings on my recently acquired 56 Junior.  The shorter twist design specifically for wrap around bridges should be a decent option.  I've heard some good reports of the quality of these but wonder if they'll justify the pricetag in use.

https://www.thegts.co

Does anyone here have any personal experience with GTS round core strings they can share?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    i am going to puit a set on my tele tomorrow as it happens
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    $21 for a set of strings?! 
  • Wanted to chime in after using GTS strings on both my acoustics and electrics for about a year now. I've never had a set of strings last this long, hands down. I've also not managed to break a single string in this time with heavy bends (elixirs, EXLs etc would regularly break with me). Tonally, they obviously loose a bit of brightness as time goes one but they feel excellent (no nasty oxidation) and retain a lot of their original tone and harmonics. Its £20 very well spent, whether a squier or something 20* the price.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    rico said:
    $21 for a set of strings?! 
    Yep, would rather keep a set of these on for a year than change your Ernie Ball's every month. In fact I did as an experiment and on a guitar played every day. They were amazing still. Have them on all my guitars now...and believe me I have tried every string out there.
    First string I've had that don't get the little nibs from rubbing against the frets on the underside. Odd but good. 
    best strings I have ever used. I think they are brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tsj93tsj93 Frets: 49
    Yeah I have a Hendrix set of 9s and a set of 10s. Only just put the 9s on my tele tonight and the 10s are spare. They sound great from the little time I've had with them
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    I tried a Bigsby set, a Telecaster set and a Junior wraparound set. Bloody brilliant and the best strings I've had. 
  • They are good, last well but I prefer Elixir myself and I can buy them easily
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    I wasn't blown away tbh. Tried the GT Rounds Super 10s set. Nothing desperately wrong with them, lasted quite well, maybe felt a little stiffer than I am used to on regular 10s. Prefer other brands.
  • I found GTS after struggling too often with string breakage on a Jazzmaster. My high E string would unravel at the vibrato. I first tried his JM50 set with a longer wind about two years ago, I’ve only changed to a new set of strings maybe 1-2 times. They’re not designed for longetivity, but they really do just last somehow...
  • I use them on all mine. Really like them. Higher tension, and they last FOREVER. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    They are good, last well but I prefer Elixir myself and I can buy them easily
    Yeah...they give them away! :) 
  • francerfrancer Frets: 369
    Are there any trades off with a more hardwearing string, maybe more fret wear?
    not that I have noticed @francer ;

• francer said:
    Are there any trades off with a more hardwearing string, maybe more fret wear?
    I may be completely out of order here but I have a sense that rusty strings are more abrasive than unoxidized strings. I guess Gabriel uses high quality alloys/platings as a starting point and charges for it.

Fe3O4 has a higher Vickers hardness than Nickel, and also appears to be harder than commercial available nickel plated steel.
  • Anywhere in Uk selling them?
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Has anyone tried these with locking tuners? I have bought a set and would like to try them on a Suhr. 
  • Has anyone tried these with locking tuners? I have bought a set and would like to try them on a Suhr. 

"For locking tuners, they are primarily designed for use with hex core strings, but can be set-up with round core strings too. Try to get at least one full turn of the string tail on the tuning post." - https://www.homeoftone.co.uk/blogs/news/gabriel-tenorio-round-core-strings-fitting-notes

:)