Thorpy Veteran

What's Hot
DanRDanR Frets: 1041
edited February 2017 in FX
Whos got one on order then and how excited are you?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I'm waiting for one - hopefully getting close to arriving  (alongside another cool pedal that is sat "Awaiting Customs clearance")
  • Mike77Mike77 Frets: 14
    I've ordered one and can't wait. It's the most I've spent on a pedal too. So I'm  excited and sweating. Saying that, I haven't played a bad thorpy pedal yet.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Looks as though mine is due tomorrow, just recived my Made by Mike Dreambox so I'm hoping as this will make 5 fuzz pedals I should be all set.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I missed out but I'm waiting for any that comes up for sale on here ;) First dibs everyone :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 376
    I'm looking forward to this one.

I think Thorpy could have charged more for them, too. I'd have paid it!

I reckon secondhand prices will be higher, for sure  ;)

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited February 2017
    breadfan said:

I reckon secondhand prices will be higher, for sure 

Why would they? You aren't creating hype now are you ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2017
    £500 used is the going price so I heard.

Edit.

Im not sure how many people realise this is a joke.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader
    First batch of twenty were booked out today, they are taking me much longer to build than I thought they would so apologies if you are waiting, I'm on it though! All the pcbs are built, and I'm cracking through them at a steady rate. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    tFB Trader
    DanR said:
    Looks as though mine is due tomorrow, just recived my Made by Mike Dreambox so I'm hoping as this will make 5 fuzz pedals I should be all set.
    They are collected in the morning, it should be with you Wednesday by UPS. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    DanR said:
    I was expecting to see them on eBay at around 350-400 depending whether any high profile player start using one.   Or tps review them.  

Glad to hear they are in the way though - how did you hear?     Last I heard was mid Feb.
  • Im fortunate to have one on order too, ans I must say Im genuinely excited about it !

Not sure when mine is due, but I'll post a full review when Ade has worked his magic :)
  • I really wanted one of these but no cash at the time. Fully expecting a 2nd hand price hike.
  • John_P said:
    DanR said:
    I was expecting to see them on eBay at around 350-400 depending whether any high profile player start using one.   Or tps review them.  

Glad to hear they are in the way though - how did you hear?     Last I heard was mid Feb.
    Ha ha you guys kill me ;)
    tFB Trader
    Im fortunate to have one on order too, ans I must say Im genuinely excited about it !

Not sure when mine is due, but I'll post a full review when Ade has worked his magic :)
    You got one of the very last ones......

and We wont be making any more Germanium Veterans
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 376
    breadfan said:

I reckon secondhand prices will be higher, for sure 

Why would they? You aren't creating hype now are you ;)
    Why?

Well, this, from Thorpy's website:

"The pedal will be extremely limited (100 units) due to the scarcity of our Germanium transistors, the Venerable AC128 PNP. "

Also this:

ThorpyFX said:
    We wont be making any more Germanium Veterans

• Lol even so why would I pay more than list price. Plenty of other pedals around to choose from. I'm not a collector I'm a user :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Lol even so why would I pay more than list price. Plenty of other pedals around to choose from. I'm not a collector I'm a user :)
    Because you don't have the option to pay list price anymore.     There are plenty of pedals that are difficult to buy because of limited numbers, out of production etc that sell for more than they originally cost. 

Personally I'm just looking forward to trying it out  
  • John_P said:
    Lol even so why would I pay more than list price. Plenty of other pedals around to choose from. I'm not a collector I'm a user :)
    Because you don't have the option to pay list price anymore.     There are plenty of pedals that are difficult to buy because of limited numbers, out of production etc that sell for more than they originally cost. 

Personally I'm just looking forward to trying it out  
    Yeah I get that but personally I would never pay over the top prices just becuase it's a limited edition. If it works for me I buy it simple as that. As said plenty of pedals around to choose from and I don't get drawn in with limited edition stuff..........my wallet won't let me anyway LOL
  • Waiting patiently, late Xmas pressie to myself :)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    Supply and demand will dictate prices, that's why pre cbs fenders are more than list and as are 59 Les Paul's.