Thorpy Veteran

What's Hot

Comments

• Yeah I know but not for me. I'll continue shopping :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I think we getting a bit off track here arguing about relative resale prices on an item non of us actually have yet.

So back on track I'm excited and can't wait for it to arrive, even though UPS teased me by saying it was due to arrive today.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I've rewarded you a wisdom @DanR ;)
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Im fortunate to have one on order too, ans I must say Im genuinely excited about it !

Not sure when mine is due, but I'll post a full review when Ade has worked his magic :)
    You got one of the very last ones......

and We wont be making any more Germanium Veterans

Well, I'm really looking forward to it mate and very happy to have one inbound soon !!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    DanR said:
    I think we getting a bit off track here arguing about relative resale prices on an item non of us actually have yet.

So back on track I'm excited and can't wait for it to arrive, even though UPS teased me by saying it was due to arrive today.
    Indeed - I've got the amps I want to use it with in for a service at the moment along with another pedal arriving soon so I'm looking forward to giving it a try. 
  • It does sound rather good, and I love any fuzz/od that cleans up well;

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6122
    tFB Trader
    Well from my perspective, I really hope you all love the pedal and want to keep them. It means a lot to me to put pedals out there that go down well. Feedback so far has been tremendous so fingers crossed high resale values are just going to be the icing on the cake for the lucky buyers. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    This should sound great with my J20.

@DanR Could you post a review of the Dreambox at some stage? I've long considered one but I've always thought of it as a one trick pony & not something I'd use much.

I expect there to be a lot of tones in the Veteran.

@breadfan remind me in a month after I've had a bit of time with it.

First impressions are good though, it's better into the channel clean on the Runt than dirty and I've had good results with using a tubescreamer into the fuzz side with distortion side turned off.

Not tried it with my Dirty Shirley yet.

https://imgur.com/a/JqZy0
  • Mike77Mike77 Frets: 14
    ThorpyFX said:

Does that mean there may be non germanium veteran types in the works if that's possible ? @ThorpyFX
    tFB Trader
    Mike77 said:
    ThorpyFX said:

Does that mean there may be non germanium veteran types in the works if that's possible ? @ThorpyFX
    definitely, it won't be limited edition and it'll have some different features.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Mike77Mike77 Frets: 14
    Interesting. Looking forward to getting hands on with mine. =)
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Mike77 said:
    ThorpyFX said:

Ooooh almost worth the wait for that one instead ;) You're really good you are @ThorpyFX  lol
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1232
    ThorpyFX said:
    Mike77 said:
    ThorpyFX said:

Ooooh almost worth the wait for that one instead ;) You're really good you are @ThorpyFX  lol

You keep telling yourself that. Everybody knows sequels are rarely as good ;)

And I'm now wondering where end of November orders are in the queue..

• Yeah you're probably right ;)
    edited February 2017
    Well the Veteran is here and judging by the box UPS have taken all the usual care you expect of them.

Serial number 6 so pretty low, looks lovely as usual with the laser etching.

Now to see how it sounds.
    tFB Trader
    DanR said:
    Well the Veteran is here and judging by the box UPS have taken all the usual care you expect of them.

Serial number 6 so pretty low, looks lovely as usual with the laser etyching.

Now to see how it sounds.
    Dan, my apologies UPS have treated the box with contempt, they are actually one of the best shippers in the UK so that annoys me. anyway, i hope you enjoy it!
  • We're waiting with baited breath @DanR ;
    Right then so as I've just got the Dreambox and the Veteran I've been comparing them against my favourite fuzz a Juansolo Dirty Girl.

If we start with the negative that while the laser etching looks cool I just can't the writing 90% of the time.

Ive been using them into my Friedman Runt 50 on the clean channel and tried them with my Suhr a CS Tele.

Both the Dreambox and Veteran are pretty flexible and not really locked into one style, you can go from full on thick to just a mild overdrive though the Veteran does seem a bit brighter than the Dreambox on lower settings.

Both played well with either guitar and cleaned up well with the guitar volume, the Veteran was especially good at this though.  Sound wise I felt both sounded best with the humbuckers but it's early days at the moment.

Settings wise on the Veteran I ended up with the fuzz on 11ish, smooth on 10, Bias on 3 and volume on 10.

That's where I liked it lost just thick enough as the Suhrs got Aldrich pickups so they are pretty hot and I didn't want too much feedback or mud.

Ironically enough the best sound I got was the Veteran fuzz side into the Muff side of the Dreambox.

Will they kick the Dirty Girl off, maybe, maybe not but I'm currently splitting my board into two smaller ones and the fact they bother play well together I think the Dreambox and Veteran will be together for awhile.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    Great stuff @DanR ;

So, you're essentially stacking a fuzz face into a big muff - you really do like your fuzz! I bet it sounds huge  :)

@ThorpyFX I doubt we'll see too many of these on the used market!