Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    @lloyd the show has been differing from the comics quite a lot in the deaths, in fact Daryl doesn't even exist in the comics.

Lori dies in the governors prison raid and in fact falls on and kills Judith too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    underdog said:
    @lloyd the show has been differing from the comics quite a lot in the deaths, in fact Daryl doesn't even exist in the comics.

Lori dies in the governors prison raid and in fact falls on and kills Judith too.
    Ah right cheers, I thought that the TV show was at least following the lives of the main characters, I'm ok with it being different from them to be honest.

Daryl for example is a great character.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9593

It's getting a bit too much for me to believe all these near misses and miraculous escapes now.

But how are you on the whole "corpses coming back to life to feed on human flesh" thing?

I know, we all do it! I try not to overthink shows like this, just enjoy the ride for an hour a week.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

It's getting a bit too much for me to believe all these near misses and miraculous escapes now.

But how are you on the whole "corpses coming back to life to feed on human flesh" thing?

I know, we all do it! I try not to overthink shows like this, just enjoy the ride for an hour a week.

I can compartmentalise the zombie thing/suspend disbelief for the premise of the show, it's just when real life type things happen unrealilstically it gets my goat, if you know what I mean?

I could be over thinking it but I'm just spouting out reasons why I'm not enjoying it as much as the earlier ones, which (for me at least) is a shame. 

Not sure anyone out there would say that this season beats any of the first 2 or 3? 

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    lloyd said:

I can compartmentalise the zombie thing/suspend disbelief for the premise of the show, it's just when real life type things happen unrealilstically it gets my goat, if you know what I mean?

I could be over thinking it but I'm just spouting out reasons why I'm not enjoying it as much as the earlier ones, which (for me at least) is a shame. 

Not sure anyone out there would say that this season beats any of the first 2 or 3
    Er...Season 2 was terrible. Basically just them living on a farm. Great. 

Nothing happened until the last episode. But 1 and 3 were superb :) 

a bad TWD season is still much better than most of the crap on TV. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    joneve said:
    lloyd said:

Not sure anyone out there would say that this season beats any of the first 2 or 3
    Er...Season 2 was terrible. Basically just them living on a farm. Great. 

Nothing happened until the last episode. But 1 and 3 were superb :) 

a bad TWD season is still much better than most of the crap on TV. 
    I really enjoyed season 2, introduced some good characters-when was the last 'Maggie' or 'Herschel' brought in? I don't need constant zombie killing to keep me into it.

Agree with the last part that bad TWD is still better than other TV.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    I actually liked the second part of season 6 - after mid season break.
    I enjoyed seeing the group taking over Alexandria and willing to prepare the settlers for survival into zombie-world. Seeing how confident Rick gets - taking down the Survivor camps - finally realised that he's not the only tough cookie out there.
    We had some great episodes (I liked the one with Carol and Maggie imprisoned and defending the camp one) and some worse moments (Carol's journey, the one with lady Doctor getting a headshot) but overall it's IMHO best season in a while. Didn't like the cliffhanger very much, and agree that we probably won't get an answer for next few episodes. Still going to watch it though.
  • The cliffhanger thing really doesn't bother me. I'm struggling to think of a series that doesn't use it tbh.
    Loved the growing desperation in the finale, especially after Rick's over-confidence. And the saviours' whistling when they're finally caught was awesome, proper creepy!
    On the swearing front, Game of Thrones enjoys liberal cuntage and it's one of the most popular shows atm.
    Longtallronnie;1028846" said:

On the swearing front, Game of Thrones enjoys liberal cuntage and it's one of the most popular shows atm.
    Which is HBO, they tend to be a lot more liberal.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    HBO productions are known for this. Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, The Wire - there's a fair amout of swearing in those ;)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Viva Le Fuck!
  • The 3rd person footage of the person getting their head bashed in hasn't been shot yet. So they could kill whoever they want and decide in a few weeks what to shoot. Interesting theorys narrowing it to rick's lady based on isolating her as the person in the previous 1st person shots and therefore the person in the last one or Maggie's bloke based on the sound files being slowed down from the beating scene and certain names being screamed out
    musteatbrain;1029217" said:
    The 3rd person footage of the person getting their head bashed in hasn't been shot yet. So they could kill whoever they want and decide in a few weeks what to shoot. Interesting theorys narrowing it to rick's lady based on isolating her as the person in the previous 1st person shots and therefore the person in the last one or Maggie's bloke based on the sound files being slowed down from the beating scene and certain names being screamed out
    The claim of Glenn shouting "Maggie" is wrong, I seen The YouTube video it's just Negan talking saying "taking it like a champ" in an odd way, and the group were warned that anyone made a sound and Carl would lose his other eye.

I honestly don't think there's anything in there that would give away who it was.

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Phew, just finished season 6, I can finally have a read of this thread. It's interesting reading the comics at the same time and seeing the similarities but also the differences in the characters and plot.

It wasn't a dud or the best season by far, still enjoyed it.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• stickersticker Frets: 869

just gonna leave this here.... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    Holy shit   
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    sticker said:

just gonna leave this here.... 
    oooh
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    Only 4 weeks-ish to go, are we having a sweepstake on who Negan offed?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Darryl?
    Norman Reedus got quite engaged in some other movie roles which could suggest less involvement in TWD series. 

/that'd be crap
  • At this point I'm struggling to care. 

I hope it's Glenn as that's really the only thing worthy of the entire buildup. 

But I actually think Abraham or Darryl are the most likely. Maggie would be the most shocking for viewers, but Negan wouldn't choose her as killing someone who is sick doesn't exactly make him the Big Man that this is obviosuly intended to demonstrate.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires