Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I agree with you there, see The Road for another extreme example. However, it does run the risk of becoming a little tedious as the seasons go on - the point has been made several times now. It's a credit to the writing and production that I'm still interested though.
    Aye, The Road was a great film. A movie does though have the advantage of being a standalone. Can't exactly blame the TWD team for wanting to continue cashing in while the cow is fat though.

My patience may wane if this season doesn't develop beyond the established theme. I'll need more than just another version of "X saves the day for our intrepid heroes", or "Oh noes, another favourite character is in peril/ dies" after episode 8 as a cliffhanger to still tune in next February.

At least with GoT we still have a sense of foreboding about whatever it is that Winter will actually bring and how it will be dealt with.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    It's similar in the comics, so it's actually the story they have rather than just cashing in.

its not a story about the cause or cure of zombies.... it's not even about the zombie threat, they no longer are one.  Rick loudly declared early on "we are the walking dead".  It's about post apocalyptic survival and humanity.  Every group has made a different choice on how to survive.

Negan is new.  He isn't running a single community, he is trying to control many. He does it through intimidation and violence but he is establishing a society. Negan is a good likeable leader as long as you play by his rules.  

My issue with this weeks episode is two deaths were not really needed for Negan to establish control and I think it changes the character into just another bad guy.

Story arcs so far.  Survive. Find a safe home. Find a safe community.   ... we are now onto forming a safe society.  Problem is no one wants to watch them become successful farmers with established trade routes etc...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    edited October 2016
    I'm a fan of both the comic and the series. I thoroughly enjoyed that first episode and thought they did a great job introducing Negan. 

My concern though is that there is no end in sight to the story. In the comics it's very plain to see that Kirkman has NO idea (nor plans) to wrap anything up soon.

So basically we have the zombie version of Corrie on our hands.
  • I stopped watching it ages ago, when they were at the prison fighting the govener.  All my newsfeed on Facebook and Twitter were banging on about the last episode so I watched it last night, WHAT THE FUCK!!
    is Carl's hair all about?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So is this good or not? 
    I felt it dragged when I watched it back to series 3 or 4. Not enough zombies.

Zombie Nation... I really liked that show.
  • So is this good or not? 
    I felt it dragged when I watched it back to series 3 or 4. Not enough zombies.

Zombie Nation... I really liked that show.
    There's less emphasis on the Puppies and Kittens in Walking Dead as it goes on past season 4, but it's still pretty brutal at times. I'm still watching both.

There's no Murphy character in TWD though, so it's more about just surviving than finding a cure.

Latest season of Z-Nation is great so far.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • I've only seen season 1 of zombie Nation (Netflix). Walking dead did seem a bit like Corrie!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I can't masturbate any harder.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Eh lol
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I can't masturbate any harder.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Oh yes you can.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    http://archive.is/i3ApP

^ this woman needs a kick in the cunt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:

I think she has a good point.  It's always struck me as odd that  you have half of American TV with really strict rules, and half with almost no rules at all.

however, she admits at the end she has watched and enjoyed the entire run of it so far.  stricter rules would have prevented any of it from being made 
  • WezV said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

I think she has a good point.  It's always struck me as odd that  you have half of American TV with really strict rules, and half with almost no rules at all.

however, she admits at the end she has watched and enjoyed the entire run of it so far.  stricter rules would have prevented any of it from being made 

It's odd , but it's kinda up to parents to ensure their kids don't watch what they shouldn't. 

But no, the public can't possibly be responsible for something , can it? 

I think she's just stirring the pot, trying to get some more followers or tweets or likes. 

It's like Hannibal - I liked it. My girlfriend thought it was too twisted - so, she did what anyone with a normal, functioning brain would do and, rather than subjecting herself to something she wouldn't enjoy, turned it over to a recorded episode of Adventure Time. 
  • Also, our sky box has a parental control on it because mum and dad don't want to accidentally watch something that scares them, even for a few seconds. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
    Well the latest episode was a nice change of pace, can see Negan coming up against a hungry tiger one day.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

It's odd , but it's kinda up to parents to ensure their kids don't watch what they shouldn't. 

But no, the public can't possibly be responsible for something , can it? 

I think she's just stirring the pot, trying to get some more followers or tweets or likes. 

It's like Hannibal - I liked it. My girlfriend thought it was too twisted - so, she did what anyone with a normal, functioning brain would do and, rather than subjecting herself to something she wouldn't enjoy, turned it over to a recorded episode of Adventure Time. 

I agree.  Censorship should occur in the home. 

Personally I think it would make more sense if the major networks are less restricted as it makes no sense to restrict one group whilst the other is comparatively unrestricted. 

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Anyone else find King Ezekial irritating?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Nikko said:
    Anyone else find King Ezekial irritating?
    Yes. That tiger looked very CGI'd too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom