Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

recommend me a guitar chair for home studio

What's Hot
for the first time  since starting playing guitar i now have my own guitar room and i now looking for something that will be comfortable (have a dodgy back).

my set up is a waist high desk and looking for something to sit on so i can play and record etc through my laptop and monitors and axe fx system

also anyone suggest any wall mounts or floor stands for a few guitars
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28034
    I'd recommend (especially if you have a dodgy back) going somewhere that'll measure you and fit a chair to you. I've used Back2 a few times and they've been very good for this.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    How much are you looking to spend?
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited February 2017
    £ - probably dont want to spend more than £150 which rules out custom made chairs. been using a dining chair for years which is ok but would like something a bit better

been looking at amazon but they seem to sell stools only and would like something with a back support
  • 250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    I'm selling my man cave chair, shortly... its a red leather Alfa 156 passenger seat mounted on a swivel office chair base. Its a great guitar chair and super comfy. Although I think collection from Northants may be an issue for you...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    impmann said:
    I'm selling my man cave chair, shortly... its a red leather Alfa 156 passenger seat mounted on a swivel office chair base. Its a great guitar chair and super comfy. Although I think collection from Northants may be an issue for you...
    You got a pic of this?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Don't know about chairs but I can recommend the Hercules 5 guitar rack. You can fit 6 in there if you buy an extra yoke. I have a one of their single stands as well, also excellent.
    spark240 said:
    impmann said:
    You got a pic of this?
    I can snap one tonight :-)

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Look at some of the latest drum thrones, padded with a wrap around back support, height adjusts to leg length, you can fold the base up for carriage and they start around £50 upwards. For your budget there are several options.
  • https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01L9BPYCW/ref=dra_a_rv_mr_hn_xx_P1400_1000?tag=av0c-21&ascsubtag=39ac44beff2428d967fbac449f8c5997_CT&th=1

if this wasnt such an ugly colour then this might have done the trick as from the thread posted above lots of people use a decent office chair
  • Herman Miller Mirra 2, expensive but have a long guarantee and well worth the money, look out for cheap deals on Ebay

spark240 said:
    impmann said:
    You got a pic of this?
    Pic as promised 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    I think an ordinary office swivel chair are best for playing guitar (without arms of course).  Helpful to just swivel round and fiddle with the amp, press pedals etc. and they're usually pretty comfortable and helpfully adjustable.  They come up all the time (every month) at our local auction house and either don't sell or go for £2 which is what I bought mine for - so there's absolutely no need to spend any money.  The auction house I use is just near Abergavenny, which isn't massively far from you, but you probably have lots of local ones too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Ooh, nice!!  Want!! :D
  • impmann said:
    spark240 said:
    impmann said:
    You got a pic of this?
    Pic as promised 

That's given me an idea... I wonder how cheaply you can get an electric reclining car seat.
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    impmann said:
    spark240 said:
    impmann said:
    You got a pic of this?
    Pic as promised 

My god that's awesome... you're selling and also in northants hmmmmmmm....
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    On the utilitarian side - an IKEA office chair (no arms) (just about to get a replacement as mine's 10yrs old & worn out))

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/chairs-stools-benches/office-chairs/flintan-swivel-chair-havhult-dark-pink-art-60309727/

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    get a swivelling office chair, with a gas-lift,  on which the arms are detachable
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Jalapeno said:
    On the utilitarian side - an IKEA office chair (no arms) (just about to get a replacement as mine's 10yrs old & worn out))

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/chairs-stools-benches/office-chairs/flintan-swivel-chair-havhult-dark-pink-art-60309727/

That looks quite good for the price.

We've got one of the cheaper IKEA ones (Torkel) on one computer desk but you can't detach the arms - well you can but the back comes off as well then.

I do need to get something for my room as I'm currently using a kitchen chair and sat in a horrible position.