Amp Covers?

What's Hot
not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Used Roqsolid before, but are Hot Covers a decent alternative?

Looking to order a padded cover for my amp head....anyone compared the Roqsolid one with the foam padding to the Hot Covers version?

(IIRC it's Silvertone that are best avoided)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I'v got 2 Hot Covers covers and both are great.. I would recommend them.

• Yes Hot Covers covers are well padded.  They are softer and smoother finish on the outside than the Roqsolid covers I've had in the past but neither me nor my bandmate have had issues with Hot Covers covers.  Usually the shipping is fast too.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Ive been very happy with the covers I've got from hot covers, and as guitfishbay says very fast shipping.
  • I've not used Roqsolid but I have a Hot Cover's cover for my classic 30 that is of excellent quality.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    I would also recommend Hot Covers.

And yes, avoid Silverstone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Cheers guys. Think I'll give Hot Covers a go this time.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    Yeh, I have two hotcovers for combos and they are very good for the money & delivery was next day.

I'm about to order one too for my amp head

Cheers
    Baz
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    I've also got one for my AC30...and keep meaning to get one for my Marshalls. Very good covers and will do their job well...and don't weigh a ton like a flight case.
    edited February 2014
    They do have a disadvantage though - because they're semi-rigid and will stand up by themselves, when you've taken it off your amp and put it to one side it sits there just like an amp. Then later when you absent-mindedly sit down on it having mistaken it for the amp which you've moved somewhere else, it collapses and you land on your arse! Not that I've ever done that, of course… ;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    ICBM said:
    They do have a disadvantage though - because they're semi-rigid and will stand up by themselves, when you've taken it off your amp and put it to one side it sits there just like an amp. Then later when you absent-mindedly sit down on it having mistaken it for the amp which you've moved somewhere else, it collapses and you land on your arse! Not that I've ever done that, of course… ;)

Ha! Yeah - or use it to place your freshly poured alcoholic beverage on....never done that either....nope, look elsewhere for that mistake...

*cough*

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Went with Hot Covers for my Blackstar HT-50. Second gig with that head tonight (well yesterday). The cover's great, superb padding better than the Roqsolid IMO. Bloody good thing I had it for this gig as it was pouring down tonight.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    UR A TOWEL!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My covers from Hotcovers arrived yesterday, thy're really Jolly Good. The guy works fast, so another recommendation here.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Has anyone used Silverstone lately? I liked their covers because you could specify different colours and piping, but I had bad service and won't use them any more.

Has anyone used Silverstone lately? I liked their covers because you could specify different colours and piping, but I had bad service and won't use them any more.
    I would not trust Silverstone. A friend who has had several covers from them over the years and never had any trouble finally got dicked on his most recent order too. Nice covers, dishonest trader.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    And I had a mate in Australia order a couple 6 months back, lost his money. Hot covers are definitely the ones to use. I've placed three orders with them and in each case recieved the order within three days. I think on one or two of the orders it was two days.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    You lot have had a better experience than me!

I've sent them 3 emails asking for a quote on a custom cover. No reply!

I presume they don't need my business.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50 said:
    You lot have had a better experience than me!

I've sent them 3 emails asking for a quote on a custom cover. No reply!

I presume they don't need my business.
    Phil at HotCovers here mate - We reply to all e-mails we receive and have no outstanding e-mails at the minute so I can only presume that we haven't received your e-mails for some reason. Please feel free to try e-mailing us again at mail@hotcovers.co.uk or sales@hotcovers.co.uk, calling us on 01698298438 or indeed reply to this message and we will be happy to help with your custom cover :)