Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What to do (totally non elitist content inside) and NGD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Stop drinking or smoking or having take always for a couple of months and keep both.

Don't really do any of those three, im not poor I just don't really need 2 electrics. 

@HarrySeven you're only down the road and I got it for a good price so could come to a decent arrangement :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After playing the sheraton for a good few hours (not happened in a log time,)  I have decided to be a rebel and keep both of them,.... You only live once ay! 

A good choice. 

I was going to ask, if you like both that much why not thin out pedals, if you've got any? Or maybe trade your amp for a smaller, more basic model? 

Although those things are good for tone, there is nothing more important than enjoying the instrument you're playing. Those epis can be excellent! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Words used to describe Epi: good, lovely.
    Words used to describe Jackson: phenomenal, amazing.

decision made.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4720
    edited February 2017

Asking us isn't really going to help you because we each have our preferences.  I hate Jacksons, don't play metal, prefer more traditional guitars, & love my Sherry.  Others here will be a complete opposite.

So, ask yourself:

• What type of music do I love to play
    • Which guitar is going to best suit that and
    • Which guitar do I get the most pleasure from playing?
    • If I was on a desert island (with power, amp, effects etc!) and could only have one...which would I take? 

Answer those questions honestly, and you'll have your answer.  What we think is irrelevant.

BTW surprised that you're having problems with the Sheraton machine-heads.  Those on my 89 are excellent.  Its not expensive to change them, but have you tried adjusting the screws to increase/reduce tightness as you need and putting some graphite (pencil lead) in the nut slots to lubricate string friction and improve tuning accuracy?

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I'd sell both and get myself a nice Telecaster. The ideal general purpose guitar.
     :) 
  • @voxman see I play literally everything apart from AOR,  The machine heads just feel cheap to be honest, so not a major issue at all I'm just used to grovers, 

The reason I asked is because they can both do what I play well and both sound really good (the jackson just pips it tho)  so they both have very viable merits :) 
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Glad you decided you can keep both.  That's the optimal solution around here... :)

Even though it sounds like you prefer the Jackson, the variety is always nice to have...

• @Ravenous its looking that way :)  they are both bloody brilliant,  :) 
  • Keeping both was the good option. They are so different. Enjoy!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2873
    Sassafras said:
    I'd sell both and get myself a nice Telecaster. The ideal general purpose guitar.
     :) 
    That's the one :)
  • After playing the sheraton for a good few hours (not happened in a log time,)  I have decided to be a rebel and keep both of them,.... You only live once ay! 

A good choice. 

I was going to ask, if you like both that much why not thin out pedals, if you've got any? Or maybe trade your amp for a smaller, more basic model? 

Although those things are good for tone, there is nothing more important than enjoying the instrument you're playing. Those epis can be excellent!

You speak sense sir :) 
  • BLOODY TELECASTERS!  no way! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom