Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gigging rigs ??

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
edited February 2017 in Amps

What do you typically use for most of your live gigs? Mostly interested in your amps/pedals/modeller etc rather than guitars.

Moi - 

Lately been using my DSL50 2x12 combo (**Limited edition...DSL50 was always a head) with a 1922 2x12 extension cab. And I have a Pedaltrain  2 with a few different dirts on there - TS/OD-3/Dano TOD and a Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe. Also the usual chorus/delay/reverb pedals on board.

I do as well often use the above amp + my AC30HW2X and run all dirt from my pedal board above.

Occasionally run the AC30 with a Red Special replica > treble booster > AC30 dimed and attenuated with a Powerbreak.

What you using for live work ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited February 2017

Blackstar HT5R head into a Victory 1x12 cab (Vintage 30 loaded).

Warwick Rockboard Jam Pedalboard (Basically a Pedaltrain Mini) loaded with a Maxon Cp101 compressor, Hardwire CR7 chorus, Hardwire DL8 delay, TC Electronic Spark Boost Mini.

Crank the volume on both channels up to 3 quarters, Mic the cab up regardless of venue and away I go.

My band are a wedding/pub/corporate event covers band.

• Fender HRD 3 or Jet City JCA20HV into a Zilla 2x12 cab with greenbacks (or a Zilla 2x12 cab with creamback). 

Pedal board with a tuner, Orange box phaser, Shur Riot/Thorpy Gunshot/Timmy/Spark Booster (depending on mood), MXR chorus, Carbon copy, TC Hof mini and Thorpy modded Boss EQ.

Used for pub covers and function/party gigs
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    ..oh yeah I forgots - I do have a tuner (hardwire) on my board, and a 535Q wah as well in none more black. :lol:
  • Last gig I did (granted, 4 year ago now) was my SG Standard and custom built Cabronita into a Rat, Liquid Sunshine and Line 6 M9 and then a Mesa 5:25.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    Helix into a power amp then a guitar cab or bass cab depending on what instrument I'm playing.

Ive not had the chance to investigate FRFR kit yet, but if I could half the amount of cabs I own that would be excellent.

At the moment it's a Zilla 2x12 for guitar and a pair of Barefaced Retro One10s for bass.

I don't use any external pedals on guitar as the Helix does all I need.

For bass I have some Darkglass outboard kit in the loops on the Helix but the next firmware update will sort that out, with Darkglass and Pearce preamp models. 

Ive also got a Darkglass M900 head. If I don't need any fx at all then sometimes I'll take that because it's small and light.

And I can make the amp sound like my favourite clean-ish Helix patch.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    I should be gigging soon so it'll be

amp:
    Peavey JSX
    RD amp 2x12

pedals:
    Korg pitchblack
    Boss NS-2

simples

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • I'm currently running this:

...into the effects return of a Jet City JCA22H, courtesy of the AMT F1 preamp at the end of the chain (top left), and then into a Matrix NL212 lightweight cabinet.

Sounds absolutely immense. I also use just the board for recording direct to my USB interface, with Wall of Sound III providing the cab emulation. This is also immense.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    My main gigging Rig is Axe FX 2 or Kemper into a power amp (Mesa 2:90, Fryette Power Station or Matrix GT1000FX) into two 2x12 cabs. An FCB1010 with an Uno chip does Midi control.

Small gig Rig is Axe Ultra and a Digitech gsp1101 into the fx return of a Wharfedale 1x12 valve combo. I keep a Velocity 120 power amp in that rack so I have back up for everything.
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    My gig is a function/wedding band. Usually the rig is a 50w Carol Ann Satin into either a Matamp 2x12 with EVM12L's or a Matamp 1x12 with a WGS12L. 

Before that set up I used an 80s Fender Concert for the small gigs, and a 1972 Fender Dual Showman head into an MJW 2x12 with a Fane AXA Alnico & Medusa mix. 

I should probably gig the big Fender rig again! 

Pedals have been pretty constant for the last few years.. KoT, Gunshot & Peacekeeper for drives, 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8686
    Axe FX into PA, with FRFR for personal monitoring. Modified MFC and rocker pedal on the floorboard.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Laney Lionheart L20T 112, small pedalboard that changes frequently but all on a PT Jr and I might go smaller. Even that's difficult to place sometimes playing pubs. Pretty much not bothering with overdrives now, although I have two delays which seems quite decadent. 
    I don't really need very loud sparkly clean but to cut through against vocals, other guitar, bass , drums, keys. Ska, ska-punk, bit of reggae type stuff. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited February 2017
    Cab is an MJW 1x12 fitted with an Eminence Wizard. 
    Amp is either a Mesa Express 5 25+ Head or  Orange Rocker 30 Head. The Orange is getting more use at the moment. 

Pedalwise, it's a White Atom or Mojo Hand Crosstown, Barber Gain Changer,  Suhr Koji Comp, Suhr Koko Reloaded, Suhr Jack Rabbit and a Zoom MS100 BT on a Pedaltrain Metro 24. 
    I'll occasionally add a Nano+ pedaltrain with an Ehx Superego, Pitchfork,  Zoom MS70CDR and Boss RC3 to the above board for keyboard /pad type tones. Oh, and a Line 6 wireless. 

The whole lot is powered from a single GigRig Generator 

Seriously looking at going AX8 or Helix at the moment with AX8 looking favourite... 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Tiny gigs with limited space.      
    Atomic amplfire, Morley wah/vol, polytune into a bogner mojado 1x12 or Friedman asm12. 

Most gigs
    Fractal ax8, EB vol pedals for exp, smoothhound wireless, polytune into the Freidman asm12 or Fender twin with the atomic board as a backup

New rig I've nearly finished - when some bits arrive will be-
    Smoothound,  Tremonti wah, EB vol, polytune, king of tone, thorpy veteran, boss ce2, dm2, Strymon flint, el capistan running into a Marshall super bass and Jubilee stacks.  
  • Fx8 > two rock studio pro 35 combo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • supessupes Frets: 181
    Les Paul into Stoneham V2-50 with Marshall 2x12 cab.

With a splash of Bonamassa Wah every now and then.

Simple like me. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    I gig in 6 different bands so have a few different things

Used in only one band,  big money corporate and wedding  : Marshall JMP -1 into Marshall EL34 100\100 into 4 x 12" 

Main go to rig for most things : Blackstar HT5 into homemade 1 x 12" with GT10 in the loop ...I do more gigs with this than anything else

For low volume  laid back gigs : Fender Champion 110 combo with tubescreamer and analog delay

One thing I've learnt over the years is almost anything will work with  a bit of fiddling 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Helix ... straight to PA these days
    im still abit in shock
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    edited February 2017
    Les Paul or Flying with Zombie Dust custom pick ups into tuner (Hardwire or Pitchblack)>Boss CE5>MXR Phase 90>Marshall Guv'nor> Dunlop Q95>Marshall JMP 2203>Marshall TV 1960.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Reverend said:
    Les Paul or Flying with Zombie Dust custom pick ups into tuner (Hardwire or Pitchblack)>Boss CE5>MXR Phase 90>Marshall Guv'nor> Dunlop Q95>Marshall JMP 2203>Marshall TV 1960.
    What ZD pickups are they? I emailed the guy yesterday asking about a p90 version of the Doomsters but still no response...

My rig is Epi LP Custom 1955 w/ Gibson P90s into Tuner -> Amptweaker Fat Metal (with Mooer Hustle Drive in the Sidetrak loop for lower gain parts) -> Boss DD7 -> Dr Scientist Bitquest -> Matamp GT1 on clean with whatever cab is provided (most of the time a Marshall).

Thinking about getting a Quilter Pro Block 200 for long distance gigging.