Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gigging rigs ??

What's Hot

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Victory V30/Hoffnine 1x12/Fractal FX8/Dunlop Vol/Exp pedal on PT2 - neat cables :) (Still need to do a loom!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar >

Crybaby Wah >
    Barber Tone Press >
    Zoom Ultrafuzz >
    Korg DT10 tuner >
    POG2 >
    Tim >
    Source audio EQ >
    Marshall Regenerator or Ibanez FL9 >
    Boss DD-500 >
    Hardwire RV7 >
    (on a pedaltrain2 with Voodoo labs PP2+)

Into Marshall JCM800 4010 and Bass Combos

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
    Dopesick said:
    Reverend said:
    Les Paul or Flying with Zombie Dust custom pick ups into tuner (Hardwire or Pitchblack)>Boss CE5>MXR Phase 90>Marshall Guv'nor> Dunlop Q95>Marshall JMP 2203>Marshall TV 1960.
    What ZD pickups are they? I emailed the guy yesterday asking about a p90 version of the Doomsters but still no response...

My rig is Epi LP Custom 1955 w/ Gibson P90s into Tuner -> Amptweaker Fat Metal (with Mooer Hustle Drive in the Sidetrak loop for lower gain parts) -> Boss DD7 -> Dr Scientist Bitquest -> Matamp GT1 on clean with whatever cab is provided (most of the time a Marshall).

Thinking about getting a Quilter Pro Block 200 for long distance gigging.
    They don't have a name as he has only made the two for me. 
    they are based on JBs. The black Studio I traded with Steve from Iron Monkey is with him at the mo. He made a pick up for me but it was too harsh - too modern sounding so he is tweaking that for me. 
  • I haven't gigged in a little while, and I'm not currently in a band- I'd normally tailor my pedalboard (and my amp, if it came down to it) for the stuff I was going to play- swap out dirt pedals, remove stuff that wasn't being used etc.

As it stands, I've changed a couple of things since my last band folded so my setup is somewhere close to what I last gigged with.

(JFET buffer) -> TC Polytune mini -> BYOC Compressor -> BYOC Divided Octave -> (Line 6 M5) -> Zendrive Clone -> Screwdriver Deluxe clone -> amp input -> loop: Boss DD-500 -> (Line 6 M5) -> Mosky XP Booster (EP Booster clone)

The M5 is in one loop of an order switcher device I made, with the drive pedals, the amp and the DD-500 in the other loop, so I can switch the M5 between pre- and post-dirt in the chain depending on the effect I'm using. It's also MIDI synced to the DD-500 for tempo-based stuff.

All hooked up to a Laney Lionheart L20T, four-cable stylee via a little patchbox I made, which also contains a teeny-weeny little JFET buffer. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Helix straight to PA
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited February 2017
    Depends on the situation

Local gigs I can drive to:

Small stuff - Laney CUB 12 with pedal board 
    Large Room As above but supported by PA or Brunetti Pleximan if PA /fold back is limited.
    Acoustic - Helix direct into PA

Other gigs (not doing these so much now):
    Depping - depends on the gig - but would either be one of the above rigs if suiting - helix direct if not.
    Fly dates  - helix.
    Tour - helix

I'm seriously thinking about selling my brunetti and buying a 2nd helix; using the laney for small stuff and helix for everything else. Helix feels great, is less faff and much as I love the Brunetti, I think modelling as caught up (especially when you hear you sound mainly from foldback) and is more versatile. My rig would be Helix + Guitar!

current pedal board is:
    EB Wah
    TU 3
    DOD 201
    Moog MF Chorus
    JRAD Guthrie Trap
    Boss DD500
    Strymon Flint

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    John_A said:
    Helix straight to PA
    And you could replicate most of the rigs in this thread with a few exceptions! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fender red knob Twin and a big pedalboard. The Twin is much too loud but I haven't found anything I like as much unless I save up mega bucks
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Last gig I did was

Les Paul with P90s

Pedal board - pitchblack, Okko Diablo, RAT, DSD2, Booster

HRD Mk3

If I was gigging tomorrow, it would be whatever guitar was suitable into a Flyrig 5 into the PA.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    EVH Stripe -> Polytune tuner -> buffer -> Marshall 25w Silver Jubilee and 2x12.

Very, very simple.  The rest is in the fingers and volume pot.

I play in an 80s covers pub band.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited February 2017
    Orange CR120 -- solid state head
    Marshall 2*12  (can't remember what it's loaded with)

Pedal board
    Always has an OD which is nearly always a Nobels ODR-1
    Always has an echo which can be anything

Plus a couple of nice "obvious" special effects which vary with whim, currently:
    Univibe
    Chorus
    Fuzz
    Verb/Tremolo -- (Strymon Flint)
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    edited February 2017

Guitar->Korg Pitchblack->Dunlop Mini Wah->Mooer Black Secret->Ibanez Tubescreamer Mini->Ibanez Chorus Mini->Ibanez Mini Delay-> Peavey Bandit 112 Red Stripe clean channel on a Standback.

We play Dr. Feelgood / 9 Below Zero R'n'B mixed with a bit of early Stones, Doors etc.

• Too many different things when I know I can get pretty much what I need from my strat into my 30w WEM Dominator with a Mooer Black Secret inbetween.
    I am trying to just use these three things at the moment.
    It is sounding better, but not as fun.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    One or other of these, straight through the PA
    Image result for vox tonelab
    Image result for vox tonelab le
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited February 2017
    Laney GH50L into a 2x12 with G12H30 and V30 mix. Few pedals in front but that's the main sound I've had for the past 10 years! Just got a dod carcosa which is sounding good as a fuzzy boost for stoner rock tones.

I'm tempted to try a Bogner Red though - the Laney does a good sound but I've never really been able to get a big thick saturated rock sound (ala Jerry Cantrell) and the red could be just the job. Or maybe just save up for a Helix.

edit - a pic for good measure

my board has changed slightly now though. And the guitar has black covered pickups.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4997
    TTBZ said:
    Laney GH50L into a 2x12 with G12H30 and V30 mix. Few pedals in front but that's the main sound I've had for the past 10 years! Just got a dod carcosa which is sounding good as a fuzzy boost for stoner rock tones.

I'm tempted to try a Bogner Red though - the Laney does a good sound but I've never really been able to get a big thick saturated rock sound (ala Jerry Cantrell) and the red could be just the job. Or maybe just save up for a Helix.
    This was done using a GH50L and no pedals.
  • Reverend said:
    TTBZ said:

Love that. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • TTBZ said:

You're not a million miles away from me - you're welcome to pop in and try my Bogner Red if you're passing by anywhere near Stamford.
    <space for hire>
  • Simple but works :)  
    http://i.imgur.com/q9dXoBi.jpg
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Reverend said:
    That sounds great, mine doesn't really sound like that! Must be the speakers or maybe my crap playing. 

@digitalscream yeah that's not far away at all, when I'm in a position to be shopping for something so pricey I'll take you up on that offer! Right now I'm just gas'ing !